G29 Shifter compatibility on PS3

• Thread starter tnt_8_9
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
Berkshire/UK
tnt_8-9 / GTP_tnt89
I am currently using the DFGT on the PS3 and I am wanting to upgrade my wheel and pedal setup in prep for getting a PS4 when the next Gran Turismo comes out. I have seen the G29 is compatible with both consoles but wondered how the new shifter performed on on the PS3 and GT6?

Is it worth getting the G29 now and using it for the (possible) 12 months before the next Gran Turismo gets released?

Thanks Audiman2011, do you know of any other wheel/pedal/shifter combo which will be a good upgrade from the DFGT which will be compatible with both the PS3 and PS4?

Thanks Audiman2011, do you know of any other wheel/pedal/shifter combo which will be a good upgrade from the DFGT which will be compatible with both the PS3 and PS4?

Best out there is probably the Thrustmaster T300RS with the TH8A shifter and T3PA pedals.

The economics are bull:censored: but it's pretty much the best combo since the G29 is basically a con.

Last edited:
Again thanks for your advice. Is the price the con with the G29? I'm currently using the DFGT which is pretty basic when it comes to driving setup and looking to upgrade. I have seen the G29 wheel for £159 ($237) which is a massive drop in price. The only reason I keep enquiring about the G29 is that I got the shifter bought for me for Christmas (with good intentions) and just trying to weigh up my options. If the price is the main 'con' then I can wait for prices to drop even more before upgrading. If it is more than that then I might have to rethink what I do with this shifter. Any advice is welcome.

Again thanks for your advice. Is the price the con with the G29? I'm currently using the DFGT which is pretty basic when it comes to driving setup and looking to upgrade. I have seen the G29 wheel for £159 ($237) which is a massive drop in price. The only reason I keep enquiring about the G29 is that I got the shifter bought for me for Christmas (with good intentions) and just trying to weigh up my options. If the price is the main 'con' then I can wait for prices to drop even more before upgrading. If it is more than that then I might have to rethink what I do with this shifter. Any advice is welcome.

It's a con as it looks like a G27 rehash with DFGT buttons. It uses the same helical gearing as the G25/7 with different resistance from the brake pedal. Not to mention that it was $400 at launch.

It looks like it hardly changed at all from the previous wheels and is an attempt at a forced upgrade from the G25/7.

It's a con as it looks like a G27 rehash with DFGT buttons. It uses the same helical gearing as the G25/7 with different resistance from the brake pedal. Not to mention that it was $400 at launch.

It looks like it hardly changed at all from the previous wheels and is an attempt at a forced upgrade from the G25/7.
I think that as I have never owned the G25/27 and want something to be future compatible, and having the shifter already I might wait for the price to drop a bit more over the next 6 months (depending on GT Sport and GT7 release dates).

Thanks ever so much for your help and advice @AudiMan2011. :cheers:

Back