G29 steering wheel adapters

• Thread starter JacksHerer
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
UK
JacksHereR
hi, sorry for being in the wrong forum, I did try looking...

I have a G29 but I only use it for GT Sport and only psvr mode, currently.

I want to fit a mota lita classic 15” diameter steering wheel to my g29. I’ve seen plastic wheel adapters to put 70/74mm wheels on a g29, but I will be needing 9 holes something like 110mm.

I want to mount the 15” wheel on top of the g29s fake horn button, but quick release so I could remove it if required.

I was hoping someone here makes the adapter and could message me or reply.

Thanks.

Edit - note : The PCDs for a Momo & Nardi are 6 holes (countersunk) on a 70mm PCD & 6 holes on a 74mm PCD, the Moto-Lita fitting has 9 holes on a PCD of 101.6mm.

Last edited:
Hi Jacks, why are you after fixing the Moto-Lita on top of the g29 rim? Is it so you still have access to the buttons?

Also, I suggest you have a look at this video:

I know it's for the g27, but the two wheels share the same internals so his honest review at the end will still apply. Remember that he only went up to a 340mm rim, which is about 13.25".

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I've seen adapters for real cars, mota lita sell a boss adapter themselves, however I don't want to spend £40 for something that could be made from plastic.

I'm after having a quick system to use a larger wheel for driving old manual cars in VR. I only need access to the options button on the wheel (to reset view if/when required). I can use a 2nd pad to navigate menus etc.

I realise I can dismantle the g29 and quick release both wheels, but id rather stick a larger wheel rim on top. Im wondering if I could just add some spokes and larger circumference rim to attach to the g29 rim?

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-15_11-24-49.png
    upload_2019-2-15_11-24-49.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 28
Worth noting that the G29 will feel weak when connected to such a large wheel and the extra weight will make the wheel less responsive.

Back