G29 wheel and drifting

Norway
Norway
I loved the drifting, realistic as ****....so i bought the g29 just cause i love drifting, and the controller was so realistic i had to make a sim for my self. Buuuut theen..... what is this ******** with the wheel i fell like im back to gt2! I drift professionally so how did u **** up such a masterpiece?? Whyyyyyyyyh

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the drifting, realistic as f....so i bought the g29 just cause i love drifting, and the controller was so realistic i had to make a sim for my self. Buuuut theen..... what is this ******** with the wheel i fell like im back to gt2! I drift professionally so how did u **** up such a masterpiece?? Whyyyyyyyyh
Did you check if you have countersteer assist on, if it is turn it off or try turn it on, try both options, gamepad seems to have hidden assists! I dont really enjoy drift, i like to watch in RL but ingame i prefer racing, in the wheel its very hard to drift in GT.., at least in my case cause i dont have a handbrake and the buttons its a hit or miss thing.

Last edited:
We're GTPlanet, an independent media site and discussion forum. We didn't make the game.

Incidentally, you don't need to shove your entire post into the thread title, expletives and all.

Last edited:
Did you check if you have countersteer assist on, if it is turn it off!? I dont really enjoy drift, i like to watch in RL but ingame i prefer racing, in the wheel its very hard to drift in GT.., at least in my case cause i dont have a handbrake and the buttons its a hit or miss thing.
Yup all 3 settings on the wheel, and assists, bought steering extension., with controller i can drift anything corrently my record is 9 laps around tsukuba without error. But with the g29 i have managed one ugly drift in first turn.

Yup all 3 settings on the wheel, and assists, bought steering extension., with controller i can drift anything corrently my record is 9 laps around tsukuba without error. But with the g29 i have managed one ugly drift in first turn.
The drift challenges are the ones i hate the most cause i find very hard to control the cars, i though its cause of the handbrake.., i dont have one.

Its one thing i must test for myself, i will try turn on countersteer assist or mess with some assists until i find a sweet spot, it doesnt feel very natural thats for shure. But there are many people that are really good in this game, they for shure can give good tips to us.

I saw the most pro GT streamers struggling aswell in the drifting challenges, some to the point that they had to make those missions on the controller.

Last edited:
The drift challenges are the ones i hate the most cause i find very hard to control the cars, i though its cause of the handbrake.., i dont have one.

Its one thing i must test for myself, i will try turn on countersteer assist or mess with some assists until i find a sweet spot, it doesnt feel very natural thats for shure. But there are many people that are really good in this game, they for shure can give good tips to us.

I saw the most pro GT streamers struggling aswell in the drifting challenges, some to the point that they had to make those missions on the controller.
Do not lower the cars to much cause the wheels will hit the arches, and meke sure to set full sensitiviti if u use controller. And most important lsd set it to 40 rear accel.

Yea with controller its like driving for real no kiddin

Did you check if you have countersteer assist on, if it is turn it off or try turn it on, try both options, gamepad seems to have hidden assists! I dont really enjoy drift, i like to watch in RL but ingame i prefer racing, in the wheel its very hard to drift in GT.., at least in my case cause i dont have a handbrake and the buttons its a hit or miss thing.
Handbrake is not really important

We're GTPlanet, an independent media site and discussion forum. We didn't make the game.

Incidentally, you don't need to shove your entire post into the thread title, expletives and all.
Sorry for that, i guess gt is difficult to reach

Yeah drifting in this game makes no sense with a wheel, especially the G29.

I don’t know if it’s the same as other wheels but you cannot calibrate the wheels rotation in the game so it’s completely pointless. You can use any wheel that has 180 of rotation as that’s all the game will register with the G29

Yeah drifting in this game makes no sense with a wheel, especially the G29.

I don’t know if it’s the same as other wheels but you cannot calibrate the wheels rotation in the game so it’s completely pointless. You can use any wheel that has 180 of rotation as that’s all the game will register with the G29
Omg 😞

And cars nowadays have POWER STEERING!

Drifting in GTS is a piece of cake and feels very natural, in GT7 it's impossible; I have no idea what PD did to mess it up that badly :(

No hard feelings, i just felt e trew money in the can

Back