G29 with G27 Shifter Help!

• Thread starter FRS8682
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
FRS8682
Hi everybody. I just got a Logitech G29 and hooked up my old G27 shifter to it. I noticed a few things
and am not sure if i am missing something during setup. The first thing i did was connect my G29 to
my laptop to calibrate and make sure the shifter was working properly, which it was. When i connected it
to the ps4 and set it to manual transmission mode, the shifter would not work at all. On certain cars, such as
the RUF or other street cars, the paddle shifters would work fine, but the G27 shifter would not. I tried to go into
the settings and calibrate the 1st gear through 6th gear, but the shifter wasn't being recognized. Any advice?
Also i noticed that when i race Formula Rookie cars, neither shifter will work. I have to race in automatic mode.
What am i doing wrong? Thanks.

Frank

I think that the the G27 shifter only works on the G29 in PC.

Did you first updated the software of the G29?
If you didn't try that first, and then give it a another try on the PlayStation 4.

But,like i said, i really think that the G27 shifter isn't compatible with the G29 on the consoles..

I think that the the G27 shifter only works on the G29 in PC.

Did you first updated the software of the G29?
If you didn't try that first, and then give it a another try on the PlayStation 4.

But,like i said, i really think that the G27 shifter isn't compatible with the G29 on the consoles..

Thanks for the insight. I will keep checking the software, but it says it is up to date. I will just use the paddle shifters for now. it's still 1000% better than the DS4.

Frank

A G27 shifter works with the G29 on a PS4.
even the G27 pedals work on the G29.

The shifter won't work on the PS3 only on the PS4

Well after un-installing the G27 shifter, i think i found the problem why it was acting up. I noticed on the cable for the shifter a few bite marks from our pet cat. may have broken a wire or two. It also must have caused some interference with the paddle shifters too cause now they are working with all the vehicles as they should. I guess i can break down and buy the stand alone shifter, but i'm gonna just deal with the paddles for now. Besides, they are quicker for the laptimes anyway.

Latest Posts

Back