G35 Interest

  • Thread starter Thread starter KidA
  • 28 comments
  • 2,129 views
Messages
96
United States
Gilbert, AZ
Messages
JHinSD
Messages
JHinAZ
I was curious to find out who here owns a G35 in RL or in the game.

I posted an Interest Check over in the OLR forum in case anyone's interested in a "G Series." The G was the first car I bought in the game. I found that it doesn't sound much like the real car as I'd hoped. Handling seems to be pretty close but my car doesn't have anywhere near the forward pitch under braking the car in the game has.

Any other RL and/or GT4 G owners out there??
 
i bought the G35 as my first car in GT4 too... i was pissed at how much it understeers and that you couldnt upgrade it to forced induction.
But it still looks cool.

I think in general all the sounds are just digital reditions of what they think it would sound like. I sure hope in GT5 they take real sound clips... and get a decent sound track too
 
E55 AMG.. :D its pretty much the same, well as realistic as a game will be! ;)

mines "stock" the amg way! so in GT4 it handles a bit different!
 
g35-feb.jpg


I own a 2003 G35sc too, as I noticed the same thing that you did about the pitch and such as well. The engine sound doesn't quite match it as well either (compared to games like NFSU2).

I must say I was less than impressed with the times it was posting too compared to other cars in the same in-game price range...total bum out.
 
My wife had a G35- one of the first batch with the dog-door trunk lids. Pretty nice car, well balanced. Her was the auto-stick which was a joke in manual mode.

The updated G35 sedan with the 6 speed is almost 300hp!!! That's what I'd want!

She's tooting along in a C230 Komp sedan now... not too shabby for an entry level car.
 
boostdemon
i bought the G35 as my first car in GT4 too... i was pissed at how much it understeers and that you couldnt upgrade it to forced induction.
But it still looks cool.

I think in general all the sounds are just digital reditions of what they think it would sound like. I sure hope in GT5 they take real sound clips... and get a decent sound track too

I noticed the understeer too, but it's not as bad as most of the understeering cars in the game are. The G somehow recovers through the corner rather than continuing to push out. I was bummed the wing wasn't included or at least an option but maybe that's because it's a 2003.

I personally don't think there's an excuse for the sound of a car not being almost perfectly digitally reproduced. In the days of 8-bit, low-phonic synthesis maybe, but not now. I think they just didn't want to put the time into it. They should have though. At 6500 rpm, the G literally rattles my teeth.
 
I own a G35. I was very disappointed to hear sounds from this car.

Even though the G35 has the exact same engine as the 350z, I don't understand why they couldn't make these sounds even somewhat similar.

They did a decent job with the sounds of the 350Z and the nismo 350Zs sound pretty good too.

Also, I'm disappointed about the fact that you can't put forced induction in the G35. You could supercharge the 350z and you could even turbocharge the Nismo Z.

As far as handling, I can't really tell if it's similar to my real car or not. In the game, I think it handles decent, tho.
 
You're right about the engines being the same, although I believe there is a slightly different intake on the Z, which would impact the sound a tiny bit. But they could have used the same sound for sure. It's obvious that PDI treats Japanese cars produced by U.S. companies like bastard stepchildren.

Regarding handling, there is a difference for sure getting into corners. It would be interesting do some mods on the suspension to see if we can tighten it up to be closer to reality. I haven't had a chance to try the DFP with it either. That will obviously make a difference in how the GT4 car feels by comparison.
 
Well, the accelaration is just like in the real one. I had could 14.0-14.1 all day in the game, just like on RL.
 
is G35 competitive in the america only events? just dont feel like driving a vette/camaro/mustang....
 
i dont own a G35 in RL but i did notice the understeer. kind of dissappointing but oh well.
 
You can race the G35 in all but the last American series, the 80's hot rod series. You'll need to add some HPs to keep up with the Vette's and Vipers in the Stars series though. I put up to 340hps in mine and that's just barely enough to catch and pass, not quite enough to outrun on the straights.
 
Mods complain about how they have to "ok all the threads" and let **** like this pass all the time :ouch:
 
I don't get it, what's wrong with talking about a car in the game?
 
I hadn't bought one yet in the game, but it's totally disappointing to find out that it doesn't sound right. Nissans FM platform combined with the VQ35DE has to be one of the best sounding cars you can buy today.
 
d3p0
I hadn't bought one yet in the game, but it's totally disappointing to find out that it doesn't sound right. Nissans FM platform combined with the VQ35DE has to be one of the best sounding cars you can buy today.

sounds better at WOT

doesn't have the stock rumble that the VQ has...

at least the honda cars are closer now, but the cross over is still hard to hear on the old b-series....the f20c is really close imo

i have an s2000 and m3 :drool:
 
hkingkong
is G35 competitive in the america only events? just dont feel like driving a vette/camaro/mustang....

The G35 won't make it in the All American Champ race. Found that out the hard way when they threw me in there with the Panoz Esperante Race Car. :sick: I upgraded to the nines but to no avail, obviously.
 
Sorry, double-post :crazy:
 
fwdtamiya
Mods complain about how they have to "ok all the threads" and let **** like this pass all the time :ouch:

Does anyone else have a problem with this thread or is fwd just whining? Maybe GTP could have a separate forum for cars in the game...and trucks for that matter. I did mention a thread I posted in the OLR area first. In any case, I don't see why it's a big deal to talk about a certain car just because you own one (or if you don't). What am I missing?
 
KidA
Does anyone else have a problem with this thread or is fwd just whining? Maybe GTP could have a separate forum for cars in the game...and trucks for that matter. I did mention a thread I posted in the OLR area first. In any case, I don't see why it's a big deal to talk about a certain car just because you own one (or if you don't). What am I missing?
Definatly doen't belong in Online Racing (you on crack or something), and it doesn't belong here, this more belongs in...Oh! how about the "separate forum for cars" you mentioned but did not even search for! Or maybe you would like to go deeper and go into the "Nissan Performance Zone" section of the "Cars in General" forum 💡

Cars In General
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Nissan Performance Zone sub-forum
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=127
 
The owner of this website owns a red Infiniti G35 Coupe himself.
 
fwdtamiya
Definatly doen't belong in Online Racing (you no crack or something), and it doesn't belong here...

Are you actually trying to ask me if I'm on crack??

Obviously you are not pleased with the way the mods are managing the site. You started off with a complaint about them letting **** like this through, you don't want this thread here even though it is here, and you don't want it in OLR either. When I suggested the car forum I meant cars specifically in GT4, not cars in General and not Nissan cars. This is "GT" Planet after all. There are entire forums online dedicated to the G35 in RL but since GT4 just came out a couple weeks ago, threads and discussions dedicated to the G35 in GT4 are hard to find.

I PM'd the mods about posting this thread before I posted it and was told it was fine if the discussion turned out to be about the car in GT4 and in RL, which is what it is. Eventually it will probably migrate to the tuning forum and maybe OLR. I'm sure the mods will not have a problem with that but I am equally sure that you will. So I suggest you take your issue up with them and stop bringing your bad attitude into other people's discussions.
 
The owner of this website owns a red Infiniti G35 Coupe himself.

Yeah, and I met him once at the local dealer. Nice guy.

I've never driven my black 6-speed coupe anywhere *near* as hard as the one in the game, so I can't say if the GT4 car is accurate. But it's a kick to have the same car in the game as in RL (I had that in GT3, too, when I owned a blue RSX-S. That was a prize car, I think, so I had to win it several times before getting a blue one.).

In RL, people have had luck curing the understeer by going to 245 tires in the front instead of the stock 225s.
 
sUn
The owner of this website owns a red Infiniti G35 Coupe himself.

I saw the pics...nice car! :D

I've created a thread in the GT4 Car Tuning forum so anyone interested in fine tuning the G - whether you own one in RL or not - can do so there.

👍
 
Bought it as my 3rd car in the game.
 
Found last night that although this car isn't badged as a Skyline in the NA version, it CAN be raced in the "Red Emblem" races in the Nissan only races. Personally, I think it's the best looking Skyline yet, and had fun beating all the older GTRs with it.
 

:cheers:
I was actually pleasantly surprised at how nice the G felt in the game. Sure there is some understeer but if you play around with the brakes a little you can make the tail come out pretty quick. It feels very balanced like in RL but like you guys said, the suspension seems a little too soft. I haven't driven my RL car very hard to compare, but that's what the game's for right? :D
 
I also own a G35x (sedan), and I would have posted a pic, but my photo hosting site isnt working very well tonight... oh well, ill post a pic if i get it to work. I was also disappointed by the sound of the sedan. I wish the AWD G35x was on the game so I could actually own the exact car that I do in real life. I guess theres always GT5....

http://potter.fotopic.net/c402512.html (56K beware)
 
I would also like to point out a site to all G35 owners and enthusiasts: www.g35driver.com. Sorry if its been pointed out before, but it is a great site that can answer any question you have.
 
Back