G920 or Thrustmaster TMX.

United States
Brookyln
hear the thrusmaster is better for force feedback and the pedals are better but I also hear the g920 is good to. Both are on sale and seem so worth it. Because despite them being old they are still hugely popular. So which is better and what’s your opinions. Which is more reliable.

I also play assetto corsa. And project cars. But it’s more about what’s he best wheel even if these models are a few years old. Does that matter they are old they seem to last and be well liked still.

From what I've read, between those two you are choosing a most accurate, better feeling product (Thrustmaster) and reliability (Logitech). Personally TM scares me a bit. I'd hate to spend the money and just have the feeling that its' going to break on me. Nothing against TM as a company. I like their use their HOTAS for flight/space sims and have for years. But their wheels are what scare me.

People do say g920
Is more popular so
Maybe that is the way to go. But they say it’s loud and not as good as thrusmaster. It’s a shame the thrusmaster tmx pro isn’t on sale it’s just the tmx regular and the wheel
Doesn’t detach not a deal breaker but i want the f1 thrusmaster wheel. But to buy the add on and the pedals it’s double
Then just the tmx base model and 2 pedals.

I dont have any issues with T150(TMX) which I use from April.
Only the rubber started to wear because I drove with gloves in the summer.
But, if you do 7 hour stint on max FFB strenght, like someone did and posted here on forums
then you can expect problems for sure, just like with any other wheel.

I still don’t know which to get probably going with thrusmaster tx and the f1 wheel. But still don’t know is that the better choice over the G920. Now which low price racing rig is best to support it all

I got a t150 cause I read that the g29 had a lot of dead zone and a lot of rattle. That was the deal braker for me.

So I got a t150 pro, that was on sale on black Friday.

I previously have had 4 t300 that just broke in the first 5 days (no, I didn't had the strength at maximum. Not even close) or came broken out of the box. Or the pedals came broken. Just awful reliability. And we all know it's normal with these t300.
The wheel feels great when it works. But it will stop work sooner then later.
And it's not normal in every company like some people say.
How many of you had to send back to replace any other appliance? Tv, console, computer, fridge, washing machine. Imagine having to replace 4 washing machines from the same brand in a month.
And for the price of a t300 gt, cause you'll end up getting the t3pa, cause the normal pedals are horrendous, you put I bit more money and you'll get a Fanatec csl and you end up with a proper wheel and pedals.
With t300 you're buying a Fiat almost at the price of a Audi.

T300 is a expensive gambling and a no go and you can get a much better product for a bit more.

If it didn't broke so much, it would be a awesome wheel.

The t150 worked flawlessly out of the box, so that was a extra point.

The t150 is made from cheap plastic with cheap assembly. It feels like a cheap toy. When you drive, you feel the plastic vibrating all over the place, the buttons are cheap and loose and the D pad needs some strength to register presses.
It feels like a 2 dollar game pad. The buttons are really loose.
The rubber is too sticky, wish feels like it will wear out quick.
We are lucky they didn't build the wheel from cardboard boxes.
The clamp won't fit tables with more than 2 fingers thick. Thrustmaster being thrustmaster...
And we are talking about a 220 euros product more or less. So it's still a expensive cheap toy.
You get a ps4 almost for the same price with much more technology involved.

The ffb it's nice though. You feel the cogs a bit and it's not that smooth as the t300 but it's nice.
I tested with project cars 2 and with f1 2017.

It feels that the people designing the mechanics at Thrustmaster are really good, but the materials, assembly and quality control are awful, like some third world country plastic toy factory making cheap copies of some cheap toy.

The t3pa pedals are OK. The brake mod didn't fit properly and had to make some effort to put it in the right place.
The pedal set although being plastic it feels sturdy and heavy and the brake mod feels really sturdy. I don't think it's made by thrustmaster. It's solid build. Weird. But nice!
I still didn't have time to test the pedals with the mod.
The pedals plate it's made from some cheap metal league.

If you buy the standard version with the same pedals as the basic t300 like I had, it's awful. The brake is abysmal. But with a bit of yoga bed, you can make a mod. It's a shame they sell such toy with a so expensive wheel. And that the costumers can make it a better product with a bit of foam.

For a quick wheel till you move to some nice wheel, the t150 is OK.

Last edited:
Thanks fir the great info. I decided to get the G920 on amazon it also shows I can buy a 4 year warranty where the thrusmaster doesn’t have that option. And for the price I’m going to start with g920. It’s got amazing reviews as well and it’s wirtn it fir now. Later in about 2 years I can see myself definitely upgrading to a more expensive unit. But I’m excited to start with G920. Maybe they will update there wheels in a few short years as well who knows. But both seem like good starting choices. I can’t go wrong either way. I have assetto corsa, forza 7, Horizon 4, f1 2018, Dakar 18. And Wrc 7. And dirt 4. All on Xbox. Ready for a new experience

Now I’m saving up for the next level racing stand that has add ins for it if you want in the future. Then I will finally play with the wheel. Do I have to download he software on my Mac computer and do an update. Before I plug it into Xbox one the main system I’m always using it on.

Back