Gah! Why do they have to be awkward and have yes on the right!

  • Thread starter Thread starter shenfrey
  • 20 comments
  • 2,144 views
Messages
174
I just accidently sold my car :@ Granted it was only my starter car but damn, imagine if that was a R8 or a Ford GT, I'd been gutted : (

Its suppose to be yes or no NOT no or yes..

Yes SHOULD ALWAYS be on the right, thats the LAW
 
The nerve of PD to think that their players would read before selecting...funny thread! You can take that lesson with you throughout life...if anything you should thank PD for getting you to pay better attention! Good times....
 
I just accidently sold my car :@ Granted it was only my starter car but damn, imagine if that was a R8 or a Ford GT, I'd been gutted : (

Its suppose to be yes or no NOT no or yes..

Yes SHOULD ALWAYS be on the right, thats the LAW

That makes no sense. If it's yes or no then yes would be first, and on the left?
 
I am confused, yes IS on the right.....
 
Also, yeah.. as others have pointed out your title, final bold complaint, and the rant in-between all conflict with each other.

As long as the game is consistent and always has the same options in the same order, there isn't really a problem.
 
I think I can clarify his point:
"Gah! They didn't make the game the exact way I wanted it. I MUST GO TO THE INTERNET AND COMPLAIN TO STRANGERS!!!"

👍
 
Last edited:
I think I can clarify his point:
"Gah! They didn't make the game the exact way I wanted it. I MUST GO TO THE INTERNET AND COMPLAIN TO STRANGERS!!!"

👍

The basics of it is that the "yes" option is always the non-default option so you actually have to select it and can't pick it on accident. So if you accidently hit "X" twice you pick "no" and don't sell the car you wanted to keep. It doesn't matter if it's on the left or the right, "no" is ALWAYS the default selection. Seems you beat the system. :)

Unless they're asking you to waste half an hour installing several GB of crap you'll mostly never need to access to your disk. Then they'll default to YES... on the right.
 
If I don't want to agree to something in the game ("no"), I press the Circle button. That automatically selects the "no", "heck no", "absolutely not", or "does not want" option. I never use the D-pad or left stick to select between "yes" and "no".
 
You can't sell most of the really nice/hard to obtain cars in the game.
 
So i guess PD has taught you a lesson to read before you click, eh.. ?

And by the way, there's always a default pointer location for each selection.
 
NO, YES order does violate good software engineering principals. You just have to read it first.
 
I just accidently sold my car :@ Granted it was only my starter car but damn, imagine if that was a R8 or a Ford GT, I'd been gutted : (

Its suppose to be yes or no NOT no or yes..
Yes SHOULD ALWAYS be on the right, thats the LAW

EPIC FAIL!!!:dunce:
 
You'd better be careful if you ever update any Apple software. You might give them permission to kidnap you and do things to you that you really don't want. "WHY WON'T IT READ?!"
 
Sorry but or I'm very stupid or I'm not inderstanding a s**t about this thread's topic...

EDIT: Now I see...just...:dunce:
EDIT Nº2: My advise: Stop mashing buttons and read first.
 
Learn not to blindly push button next time instead of bringing up factitious requests to change something that is incredibly non-issue.
 
Back