Game always freezes on Chamonix

United States
United States
I feel a bit silly posting about this in 2017, but I'm trying to do a 100% of the game, and I'm currently stuck in multiple places, all because I can't do any events on the Chamonix snow track. I first noticed this problem when I was unable to due license event IB-4, I can make it to the start screen for the event, but pressing start leads to a long pause before the console eventually locks up entirely. The same thing happens at the final event for the Sebastian Loeb challenge. I've tried everything I can imagine, including rebuilding the database, to no avail. This place is my last chance, please help.

I feel a bit silly posting about this in 2017, but I'm trying to do a 100% of the game, and I'm currently stuck in multiple places, all because I can't do any events on the Chamonix snow track. I first noticed this problem when I was unable to due license event IB-4, I can make it to the start screen for the event, but pressing start leads to a long pause before the console eventually locks up entirely. The same thing happens at the final event for the Sebastian Loeb challenge. I've tried everything I can imagine, including rebuilding the database, to no avail. This place is my last chance, please help.

Welcome to GTPlanet @Communizmo!

Have you tried checking if your GT5 disc is really scratched? If that's the case then the game is not reading essiental data to load the license event at Chamonix.

Welcome to GTPlanet @Communizmo!

Have you tried checking if your GT5 disc is really scratched? If that's the case then the game is not reading essiental data to load the license event at Chamonix.
It looks pristine to me, but with the micro size of data cells on a disk its still possible its scratched and I cant see it I suppose. I don't want to get another disk but it seems like on of the last things I can try.

If the disc isn't the problem, then the game data might be corrupted. I had this same issue back in 2014 and had to reinstall GT5 and since then i have had no issues with it.

Back