Game backup problem.

  • Thread starter Thread starter hlec
  • 8 comments
  • 679 views
Messages
1
Messages
hlec
Messages
hlec
Hi,

I have 2 users on the PS3. This morning after quiting GT5 with user2 (hlec2) I did a save of the profile on a USB stick. The save when OK and the data is on the stick.
Then I switched to my other user (hlec) and restarted GT5. My profile is now the one I have saved on the USB stick and I have lost my credits, cars and XP.

I know the save was OK because I just formatted a new USB stick and now there is a PS3 folder with the files inside. So I am sure I did not make a mistake and copy the wrong profile because the stick was empty before the save.

I am really down right now because I was at level A-28 and B-39. Now I am at A-18 and B-20.

How can the second user profile replace the first user profile in a save to a USB stick ?

Can anyone help ?
Thank's
Hubert
 
Well you can overwrite your user1 savedata with the user2 savedata. But I do not understand, you're saying that your user2 savedata is now on both user 1 and 2 accounts? That is not even possible as far as I know?!?
 
Actually it is possible just to save data. But you can't load from em and chances are the old data is overwritten which means you're ****ed.


you're saying that your user2 savedata is now on both user 1 and 2 accounts? That is not even possible as far as I know?!?

👍
 
Actually it is possible just to save data. But you can't load from em and chances are the old data is overwritten which means you're ****ed.

How is the old data overwritten when you can't load from em?As far as i know the save data on the usb belongs to one user and one user alone.You cannot by accident load a save game from a usb to a user,even in the same PS3 that it doesn't belong to :)
 
How is the old data overwritten when you can't load from em?As far as i know the save data on the usb belongs to one user and one user alone.You cannot by accident load a save game from a usb to a user,even in the same PS3 that it doesn't belong to :)

It will ask you to erase and start from scratch...
 
How is the old data overwritten when you can't load from em?As far as i know the save data on the usb belongs to one user and one user alone.You cannot by accident load a save game from a usb to a user,even in the same PS3 that it doesn't belong to :)

Here's your answer. 👍

You can't have "twin" profiles (same save, same cars, same everything), just two separate saves and PSN IDs to trade between.
 
One memory device appears to be the way. Sorry if that's a bit too late...
 
I have 2 PSN ID's and I also have 2 USB sticks. I try really hard not to mix them up because I have 14,000,000cr an my main account and 3,500,000cr on my alt. account.
 
Back