Game crashes after lvl 27 ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kobehater
  • 16 comments
  • 1,109 views
Messages
25
Messages
Dmcms5
Okay, now I'm really pissed off. Once I reach a spec level 27, the next time I go back to my home screen it tells my I can now watch an extended version of the end movie or something to that effect. You close he dialog box and it gets stuck with the little loading icon on the screen that never goes away, the ps3 starts to make clicking noises and the only way to exit the game is to either unplug the system or eject the disc.

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago and I never thought to back it up on a USB stick, I thought oh well **** happens and started over again making sure to save my game data along the way. I get to the exact same point in the game and It happens again, if I reload my saved game data and do a couple races to get to the same point it does it again.

I've tried everything and nothing will fix this. My game is useless now, I can't even play it in gt mode.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I really need some help on this as I would like to continue playing the game.

Please help!!!
 
That fat PS3 or the slim one?
 
Oh...probably the game.
I think the only alternative way is to reinstalled back.
Since you didn't back up the previous file.
 
No, I did back up the data, what I'm saying is that it doesn't matter, as soon as I get to the point where the end movie dialog box comes up, the game freezes. Even if I reinstall my game data from before.

It's just like there is something wrong with the game and it won't let you get past that certain point.
 
Oh..okay.
Like i said.
The only is probably reinstall it back. Start from point zero i suppose.
 
That's what I'm saying though, I've already had this happen before and I Erased all installed Data and started from scratch only for the same thing to happen. At the exact same point again.
If I start over again I'm sure I will still only be able to play up until the same point and I'll have the same error.

Essentially no matter what I do I can only play this game up until level 27, I basically paid for half of the game.
 
Sorry i didn't notice that. :p
Well, looks like this is a critical one.
Never seen a case like this.

I' afraid i can't help you mate. Though i'm happy to help someone.
If you play other game except GT5, does it freeze or crashed?
 
Nope, any other game works fine, and even gt5 works fine in arcade mode.
 
It's the game...probably.
I can't gurentee though.
 
That's what I'm thinking right now, it seems to be an issue with downloading the unlocked content for the end movie.

Imaging to call the customer service number on the instructions, and see if they'll send me a new copy of the game, which I am sure will take about 8 weeks to get here if they will do that.

This sucks.
 
I could send you a car in a few days time if you need/want.Losing your game at that must really be fcuked up.I've heard quite a few threads essentially saying "my GT5 is gone" and am not suprised though.Best of luck.👍
 
That's what I'm thinking right now, it seems to be an issue with downloading the unlocked content for the end movie.

Imaging to call the customer service number on the instructions, and see if they'll send me a new copy of the game, which I am sure will take about 8 weeks to get here if they will do that.

This sucks.

Yeah, it sucks to wait that long.
But if you could get for free, why not?
 
It happened to me too pal. When I went to GT-TV though i was able to see it normally.
 
Try it with another friends disk, see if it works then.
 
Okay so it's nothing to do with the level, it appears it's just after I win the dream car series, which is when you unlock that movie, so Essentially I can reload my data and continue to play the game, I just can't play the dream car championship In extreme.

Not very confident that the same issue won't happen again at some other point in the game but at least I can continue playing other events for now.

I just checked and my game is past the 90 day warranty that comes with it, I'll call the customer service number in the instructions anyway and let you guys know how that works out just in case someone else has the same issue.
 
Well, called the customer support number, the game is out of warranty so they can't do anything with it. So I found another solution.

Rent game from blockbuster, this disc works fine It will now load, return my copy of the game. Problem solved.

Not honest, not the "proper" thing to do, but I will have to live with it, while continuing to play GT5 of course.
 
Back