Game data

Finland
Finland
Animalised
So, here's the story.

First when I started GT5, it was on a user without PSN. It's 100% completed and I want to move the data to my new user, where I use PSN. (I screwed it up on the other user)
So the question is: How do I move my game data and trophies to another user in the same PS3 system? My new user has PSN, the user with the data does not.
Is it even possible?

I think with Playstation Plus you can copy game data without it saying "you can't do that."

Or do that cloud save thing with PS Plus. Not sure if this helps but it might.

- Transfer game save data from old console to USB stick
- Create account on new console that has an identical user name to the old console
- Transfer data from USB stick to new console

I believe you must make sure that both consoles have the same user name when you log in (to the PS3, not PSN, though PSN names would need to be the same too if both consoles logged on to PSN), otherwise I don't think it will accept the save when you boot up the game as it seems like it's from another user's profile. You'll also want to make sure that the game is patched to the same version on both consoles (i.e. both are up to date if you've applied any updates on one version). I think you will only be able to transfer your garage, career and credits across. Replays, Course Maker tracks etc are saved in the Game Data folder which you can't transfer as far as I'm aware.

Back