Game doesn't start - Edit: Fixed

• Thread starter sebase74
  • 6 comments
sssebastiannn
Hi, after a long time I wanted to play GT5 once again, installed the latest update, started, but after Introscreens & Logo the screen is just black and even my controller won't response anymore (PS Button). Music is playing though. Only thing I can do is a hard reset. Also it doesn't matter if I'm online or not, so it's not a server issue I guess. Any ideas? Do I have to reinstall data? And if yes, what exactly do I do? Any help is very much appreciated.

TY

Edit: Fixed by Safe Mode -> Rebuild Database

Last edited:
Im Slightly having the same problem

I just got my ps3 replaced and first game i put in was GT5 it shows the copyright screen then the warning screen then the screen goes black , i have no updates on it and i turned my internet connectability off on the system but it still wont start , but my GTA4: Episodes of Liberty City , Call of Duty: Black Ops , Black Ops II , and Modern Warfare 3 Run

Im Slightly having the same problem

I just got my ps3 replaced and first game i put in was GT5 it shows the copyright screen then the warning screen then the screen goes black , i have no updates on it and i turned my internet connectability off on the system but it still wont start , but my GTA4: Episodes of Liberty City , Call of Duty: Black Ops , Black Ops II , and Modern Warfare 3 Run
Have you check the disc, it might be dirty and check for scratches on the silver side of the disc.

its not dirty , or scrathed and i wipe the fingerprints off with a soft shirt
If your PS3 plays all of your other games ok, Well I be looking at your GT5 disc and make sure when you clean your disc always wipe from the center of the disc outwards in one direction and not circles, it is so important to use a soft CD cloth.

Decided to Get back into GT5 today and it will not boot up the rest of the game. Right now, I'm just looking at the Title screen and its not doing anything.

Back