Game freezes for a couple of sec

• Thread starter RaceFuchs
  • 16 comments
Germany
Near Nürburgring
DanPrez
Hi there... i just got my new PC and started with ACC. The game looks and feels great but there is one major issue right now. Sometimes, when i drive, the game freezes all of a sudden. A couple of seconds later, everything runs just fine again, but of course - i crash my car. Its the worst thing when this happens at the end of a race and you cant see or do anything.

Anyone else has a problem like this? Is it likely an issue with my PC or rather a ACC specific problem?

Is this in multiplayer? I believe there is a problem with multiplayer at the moment.

No, it happens while hot lapping and once it happened during an offline race. So far, i spend 3 hours in the game and i had three short freezes. I will try the original AC today and see if it happens there, too...

Update: happens in AC as well...

Last edited:
Thx, but i need to get rid of this problem... this will ruin every race for me.

No doubt. Wish I could help but I'm not real sure what could be the cause. Hopefully someone here will have some advice. My only thought is maybe your GPU is over-taxed and locking up? I couldn't find any info on a RTX 2700, if it's a 2070 it should be capable though, so no idea.

No doubt. Wish I could help but I'm not real sure what could be the cause. Hopefully someone here will have some advice. My only thought is maybe your GPU is over-taxed and locking up? I couldn't find any info on a RTX 2700, if it's a 2070 it should be capable though, so no idea.

Yeah, its an 2070. I just mixed up the numbers :-/

I might do that as well. But it shouldnt hurt asking here first.

True. Just not many people here playing it so you're likely to get more/better input over there. The first PC I attempted sim racing on wasn't up to snuff and it would have similar lock-ups because it would overheat and eventually just shut down. Do you have a way to check your temps to make sure everything is staying chill?

Power consumption settings could be part of the problem. My SSD and HDD were set to shut off after 20 minutes. I changed that and did some laps without any freeze. But i need to spend some more time with the game to be sure i found the solution.

Yes, you should always make sure your power options are set in such a way that everything is on all the time. Hope that solved your issues. :)

Looks like the power setting were indeed the problem. Played on Saturday and Sunday without any issues at all!

Probably too early to say, but how do you think the PC version of AC compares to the console version?

This is another world. The console version isnt well optimized. 1080p and something between 50 and 60 fps with 16 cars on track is the best you can get even on the Pro or Xbox One X and the game always looked blurry on my 4K TV. It feels dated to be honest. On PC, there are incredible mods and VR. Better UI. You can play in 4K with full grid with frames way beyond 60. Like i wrote on Jimmys thread just recently, it feels like a diffrent game on PC. So much possibilities.

But since im a sucker for GT3 cars, ACC is the way to go for me. Had a blast with this so far.

Back