Game Idea: Goodwood Festival of Speed

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by AJFast12, Aug 1, 2017.

?

How does this idea sound?

1. Sounds Good

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Sounds Good but it probably couldnt work

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Sounds bad

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Sounds bad but it probably could work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Wont matter

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. AJFast12

AJFast12

I have not played GT6, but i saw gameplay of the Goodwood Hill Climb event and it looks fun. Its a neat little event, but its a shame that its sort of a challenge/license test(sort of) and wasnt included in other modes.

My idea is that Goodwood could be in multiplayer (in Sport Mode) as a mode where players can take there custom cars and go up the hill one by one and earn bonus rewards in game.

This mode can also be used in custom lobbies for groups that want to do meet ups and car meets/showcases and have a good time together, and can also be implemented in time trial mode to challenge your own time.

Lord Kacperov, CSLACR and Johnnypenso like this.
  2. It might be interesting to have a location tailored for meet ups. After all, it is a category for an online lobby. Goodwood would be ideal.

3. Polsixe

Polsixe

IMG_2367.PNG

Here's some real times from this year's event, some cars or sims are in GT6:

Lord Kacperov and Johnnypenso like this.
  4. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

I remember suggesting in a thread somewhere that I thought PD would bring Goodwood online in GT6 and allow players to line up just like at the Hillclimb and charge off at 10 seconds intervals. I thought it was a huge wasted opportunity that this wasn't implemented in GT6. It's a great idea for any hillclimb or point to point course to be able to be used in game as it is used in real life rather than as a solo track only. Hosts would have to have the option to ghost players that went off track/disqualified or even those that were caught by a player from behind.

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  5. AJFast12

AJFast12

That seems even better

Johnnypenso likes this.
  6. CSLACR

CSLACR

Great idea, (albeit not overly new idea) and something that PD failed to capitalize on in GT6.
    I would have really enjoyed that.

Lord Kacperov and Johnnypenso like this.