Game is stuck - strategy to keep save data alive?

• Thread starter CudaMan
  • 5 comments

CudaMan

Premium
United States
California
I did some Sport races today and afterwards was checking out points etc. I may have gone back out to the main menu but I don't remember (had gone to get a snack etc). The game is now, and has been for the last hour, stuck. The screen is black/blank except for my info at the upper right, and the loading icon that is still animated. Also the menu music is playing.

IMG_20190109_220245.jpg

What are my options? I see an option in the OS main menu to upload/download save data. I'm not sure what that will do while the game is in this state. Same with quitting the game or turning off the PS4. Obviously I don't want to lose all my cars/liveries/progress.

Buttons on the controller don't do anything in game, but the doing other things with the PlayStation works fine.

I searched and haven't found what I'm looking for.

Strategies? Thanks!

Just close the App.

If the game has been sitting like that for an hour then any sort of data transfer/reading/writing has long ended.
I see no harm in uploading your local save to the cloud if you wish, and if able to do so.

Thanks guys! Disaster avoided. Knew I could count on the GTP community.

I saw that I had save data in the cloud from yesterday - two types of data. And the option to upload today's last save data to the cloud. I figured if the current save was corrupt, by not uploading it I could go back to yesterday's progress which would be much better than losing everything. I closed the game, went back in and all is well. 👍

Go to network settings and disable internet connection. Works every time.
Except when it doesn't? :P [It didn't for me]

Is/was it completely frozen, or just sort of not responding? Like was the cursor animated and able to be moved around, or was it completely locked up? If it was animated, the game is still running, it's just doing something goofy, and will eventually back out. Kinda sucks, but if you're trying to keep data, you're kind of at the whim of the Gran Turismo gods at that point.

If it's just locked up entirely then that's a boning, you gotta close the app and lose whatever data you were hoping to save. It generally saves at just about every menu transition or at least every progress-activity made (meaning a race, purchase, garage/tune edit, explore activity, etc.) so you probably wouldn't lose much unless you just got done with a long livery editor session.

If you at least saw the post-race results screen your results/points would have uploaded to the GTS servers at that point and should be fine. The only real time to worry is when the "online save" box, in the bottom-right of the screen, continually flashes and the game stops responding to user input, thats usually a sign there has been a problem with a connection and data could, but not necessarily, be lost.

If it's just locked up entirely then that's a boning, you gotta close the app and lose whatever data you were hoping to save.
A complete lock-up does not necessarily mean loss of data, see my bit about the "online save" box above.

It generally saves at just about every menu transition or at least every progress-activity made (meaning a race, purchase, garage/tune edit, explore activity, etc.)

It, almost 100%, looks like a freeze during menu transitions and, given the indicator position, it looks like it was as the game went from the (first) Daily/FIA race selection screen back to the main menu. This happens to me all the time at the minute (my connections a bit flaky right now due to where I've temporarily had to move my PS4 to) and anything that should have been saved will have been saved at that point anyway, so nothing to worry about.

so you probably wouldn't lose much unless you just got done with a long livery editor session.
. Liveries always have to be manually saved so the cursor/indicator wouldn't have been in that position.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back