Game keeps freezing

  • Thread starter Thread starter o9lifted
  • 23 comments
  • 1,198 views
Messages
864
Norway
Oslo
Messages
o9revo
And loading screens takes waay much longer then it used to.

I heard something about cleaning caches or something, I mean, what can I do? Maybe its the CD?? Please help. I tried to look it up, sorry if Im making a double post.. :crazy:
 
I had this problem. Are you playing wirelessly?
 
Yea but I dont think thats got anything to do with it. Its like, after I get a bounch of new cars, and I will enter a race, the game may freeze. Or if I've done several races etc. and I will do some online time, the game freezes.

Last time this happened, I opened several tickes I've been holding, and after the 4-5th (car)ticket I got a NSX JGTC car something, but the game froze before I got to chose YES or NO to use it (use the car? yes, no option) EDIT: The car was just looking at me with a black background where I now should be able to get in the car or just leave it in the garage for the 0/0/0)

Now Im a bit fustrated and would like to get it sortet out. If clearing caches helps, I have no idea how to do it neither. I just know how to play :)
 
To to My Home Settings Icon. Then select Options. Once you are in, at the bottom you will find Network and go from there.

Wireless or Wired, if the net is being overworked it will slow the game down at menus or while trying to load into a race. This happens to me when the living room TV is streaming a movie or they are downloading a movie to watch.

Careful you dont just shut it down. It could currupt the entire game data.
 
What you mean shut it down? I've got a 60/60 connection line wich is pretty high, dont think I am overworking the net.
 
Can you clarify something? is this only occuring when you're going online, or is it happening offline as well?
 
Offline as well (post #3).. Mostly after I've played for a while and ''added more to the save.file''. Restarting the game or PS usually works with the load time for a while.

Also, when I start up the game, from the ''GRAN TURISMO'' -logo til the menu before GT life, the loading time is very long. I have to wait for a long time til the background shows (where you see the car in the garage with the crew or a random scene). This loading time happens all the time no matter if I've played for hours and restarted game or just restarted PS.

EDIT: I've got a 360gb PS3 Slim so it aint a matter of free space
 
Last edited:
Offline as well (post #3).. Mostly after I've played for a while and ''added more to the save.file''. Restarting the game or PS usually works with the load time for a while.

Also, when I start up the game, from the ''GRAN TURISMO'' -logo til the menu before GT life, the loading time is very long. I have to wait for a long time til the background shows (where you see the car in the garage with the crew or a random scene). This loading time happens all the time no matter if I've played for hours and restarted game or just restarted PS.

EDIT: I've got a 360gb PS3 Slim so it aint a matter of free space

I asked because post #3 made it seem more like you were just playing online, or at least going online every time it happened.

First check that there isn't dust and fluff through your fan, if that's clear check your disc for smudges and scratches.

If that still doesn't work, try deleting your game data (NOT YOUR SAVE DATA) and re-install it. It's a long process but it's fixed a similar issue for another user that I've seen.

Incidentally - Another thing is that if you're near the paint and garage limits it can cause the game to lag, so that could be worth checking too
 
I got about 1100 cars. The limit is 2000 right? I will get me a USB-stick to copy/backup my save data before I will delete anything lol.

Also, have you guyst tried the auto-clean on your PS3?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXTaJMSIZh0
I havent tested this yet, as I will back up my save first lol..


EDIT: My cousin had a problem with his ps3 not beeing able to eject/read discs. I found this vid for him and after he did it, his PS3 was working fine!
 
I haven't. mostly because I haven't had any issues with my ps3 (2 or 3 year old 250gb slim)

Your cars are less than mine, but Sorg found that if you have too many paint chips it starts lagging the system, that's why I suggested checking that.
 
So whats the limits on items before it start to lag? I know/heard the limits of items is about 7000? But whats the limit before lag?
 
So whats the limits on items before it start to lag? I know/heard the limits of items is about 7000? But whats the limit before lag?

I'm honestly not sure =/ so stuff load of good I am lol. I'd imagine it would be within 500 of the paint limit or so, rough stab in the dark though
 
Im not sure of how many paint items I've got, I will look it up later, once my gf is done watching netflix lol ... Thanks for all the advices tho :)
 
No worries :) I do hope something works for you
 
I've got about 950 paint chips. Overall, my itemlist should be of about 1200 items.

Deleted/cleared caches. I have about 20+ car tickets and the game just froze after opening the 4th ticket in a row. Same as what happened in post #3. :S :/
 
Yeah it's definitely not your items. People have had 1000+ cars in their truck and haven't had any issues so I doubt it's that. Have you checked your disc for damage?
 
Seriously, try a hard wired connection. I worked for me.
 
Try this, especially if you have a lot of data on your PS3.




👍
 
Seriously, try a hard wired connection. I worked for me.

How would a wired connection help when it's doing the same thing while offline?
 
My system started doing this a couple weeks ago, I ended up having to purchase another one as my original was having trouble reading discs.
 
Back