Game Reviews Thread (GTPlanet Reviews)

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
Here you can post your own reviews of games that you like, i'll have my own reviews in the OP of newly released games to give GTPlanet members an idea of what I think of some of the most recent games.

This week's review!
UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection Review
Platform: PS4
12095059_1029636310421039_4587388621050116581_o.jpg

Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection is a collection that every fan of the series should have, if you haven't played the series yet then this is the BEST starting point for any newcomer, it lacks multiplayer but you will be able to catch up with the full Uncharted story before Uncharted 4: A Thief's End comes out in March 2016. All the games run at a smooth 60fps and play great, playing from Uncharted 1 to 3 you will see the graphics evolve slowly, Uncharted 3 looks the best of all the games in the collection. The screen tearing is gone from Drake's Fortune and the lightning has been improved to further improve the player experience, character models have also been upgraded, the draw distance has been increased, shadows have been updated and more have been added to this masterpiece collection, This collection is worth the full day 1 price and not to mention the upcoming Uncharted 4 Beta in December, I am a huge fan of The Last of Us Remastered which released in 2014, but this collection is just as great, if not better, it will keep you busy for atleast 30hours and if you're going for the collectibles or trophies you will spend a good 60hrs, there is also the new brutal mode which is even more tough than crushing, the name itself kind of explains the difficulty, it's just brutal.

There is now a new mode called "Speed Run" which gives you a timer and lets you compare your game time against your friends, great for returning fans, but there is something for newcomers too, an Explorer Mode which is basically a Super Easy mode for those that are new to the series, you can higher the difficulty once you're ready.

This collection is one of the best, if not the best Remastered collections ever made, you will enjoy this masterpiece of a collection with 3 games that won numerous awards, they all deserve it, jump in the shoes of Nathan Drake and uncover the secrets everyone thought were long gone.

10/10
+ Updated Graphics
+ New Modes
+ New Trophies
+ All 3 in 1 Collection

Upcoming Reviews...

Tales of Zestiria
Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
Need For Speed
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
Fallout 4

and More!

Last edited:
A few from games I've played this week.

Need For Speed Closed Beta
960-electronic-arts-inc-ea-need-for-speed-closed-beta-operates-under-a-strict-n.jpg

Hours Played: 12

Really an amazing game. The car list is sizable and varied, ranging from a Volvo 242 and a Golf GTI I to a Lamborghini Aventador and Ferrari F40 and each car is customizable. The races are fun and AI does have some rubberbanding but that keeps the racing close. The cutscenes look amazing and the player car blends in really well with them. One thing I really liked was that the game didn't force you to win every race in order to advance in the story, but obviously it earns extra cash

Pros:
Varied Car List
Amazing Graphics
Decent Customization
Good AI
Good Sense Of Speed

Cons:
Rubberband AI
No Mirror Option In Wrap Editor

Project CARS
project-cars.jpg

Hours Played: 18

Project CARS is an amazing racing simulation with great graphics, realistic handling and dynamic time and weather. Races can be scaled in both solo and career modes and each car has great detail. The cars sound amazing and have a great sense of speed. The tracks look great and the game has a nice steady framerate. AI is intelligent and some do make some mistakes.

Pros:
40+ Car Grids
Realistic Handling
Amazing Car Sounds
Good Replay Cameras

Cons:
No Multi-Class Racing In Solo Mode
Career Mode Is Very Hard To Progress

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection Demo
Uncharted-Nathan-Drake-Collection-Screenshots-700x350.jpg

Hours Played: 0.2

The Uncharted Remaster on PS4 looks considerably better than the already great looking Uncharted 2 (the only game available in the demo). The game still plays as good as it did on PS3, if not better, and is an amazing remaster.

Thinking of a way to keep previous reviews saved somewhere while also having them public, any ideas for the best way to create such a history?

Thinking of a way to keep previous reviews saved somewhere while also having them public, any ideas for the best way to create such a history?
You could hyperlink all reviews in the OP.

Back