Game Testing Jobs

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Voltron, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Voltron

Voltron

Anyone have input on PC game testing? What's the best way and company to become involved with? I am currently unemployed and beat Age of Empires in two days. I wouldn't mind the part time (?) work but what would I be getting myself into... I've read that most people don't like it. However, I don't mind writting so...

anyone?

2. Solid Fro

Solid Fro Premium

I was part of the beta testing for Homeworld, though it was a public beta. You should start with these public betas to see how it feels like. Personally, I enjoyed it.

A lot of developer's websites have job openings on their websites and they're always looking for testers. I would pick a developer who makes games that you like to play, so you won't end up with a game that you hate playing.

3. Voltron

Voltron

That makes sense. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. Thanks for the input Viper Zero!
    Hey, my bro lives in Merced!

:cheers:

4. F2002

F2002

EA Sports or Infogrames or Mircroprose would be a good one to test for, a mate of mine tests Beta's

5. Solid Fro

Solid Fro Premium

Cool! He must know how boring it is here. :D Does he work here or go to school?

6. Voltron

Voltron

He works. From Sacramento to Bakersfield for Ducks Unlimited.
    Yeah, it's pretty boring but will be cooler when the new UC comes around. I was just there helping him move in.