Game vs. Reality: Nurburgring stock car

RyosukeGunma
Tau88
Hello, I was watching some old Best MOTORing's footages earlier and I decided to do a Nurburgring Time Attack. I only did 1 car and it was the Honda NSX Type R 2002. I used the tires they gave me when I bought the car. Every assist is off except ABS which has 1. All traction control are disabled. I tried to compare my laptime in GT5 and real life.

Honda NSX-R 2002
Driver: Motoharu Kurosawa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdGoFhs1pf4

Real life laptime: 7.56.733
Ryosuke_Gunma's laptime: 7.56.924
Image:
1581s8k.jpg

I have to say that I was surprised by the accuracy of the laptime. I did one mistake in a corner (which I ended up with understeer). Other than that, I did a fairly good run. I did a warm up lap so the tire can heat up.

Anyone can try out this challenge. Here are more Best MOTORing's Nurburgring time attack.

RULES: Stock car, stock tires, no assist, ABS=1, everything simulation

--------------------------------------

Honda NSX-R 1992

Real life laptime: 8.03.86
Ryosuke_Gunma's laptime: ?

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec 1995

Real life video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOgUvQ9yWoY

Real life laptime: 8.01.72

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR

Driver: Akihiko Nakaya
Real life video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVmaMVXTDqE

Real life laptime: 8.14.98

Porsche 911 Turbo 964/965 (not in the game but want to share)
Real life video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4CdizEYwyw

Real life laptime: 8.08.73

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Prototype 2005

Driver: Takayuki Kino****a
Real life video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMimf1q7TxY

Real life laptime: 8.11.16

Anyone can try this challenge and see if the time is accurate like in real life.

Last edited:
I've done something similar, I had a run with C63 and M5, both of their official lap time is 8:13... With C63 I got 8:15 which is pretty close but M5... I got 7:57, I only did a couple of laps each and the time are from the first clean run. So no, not all cars are accurate...

Just did a 7:4x something stock first lap in the NSX 02. It comes with Sport Hard tyres which I think offer too much grip. A decent lap on Comfort softs would be closer in pace corner to corner I would think. Lap time alone doesn't tell the story. I would compare side by side throughout on speed, brake points etc.

Also to note. If you watch the end of the video, you should notice the lap end is a lot sooner in real life, about 5-6 seconds. They start roughly the same place about a second difference, but real life the lap ends 5-6 seconds short, so what time did you get just after the last corner? There's some markers for you in the game that come straight after the last corner. The games lap time is no use and you're now beating the real time very easily if you stop where they time it in real life.

Last edited:
First run on the R33 GTR yields a 8:07.162,3rd gave me a 8:02.4....and that's about my limit, I don't usually have problem beating the real world time for a few seconds but this is properly hard, probably need some more engine run in to achieve Gan-san's time.

Did the NSX in 7:47, so for that car it is a lot quicker in game.

Dont forget that the real world lap times are obviously not on the absolute limit, I doubt anyone would be at 120MPH.

Having driven the place as recently as October this year with 260hp under the right foot, I can confirm doing a whole lap anywhere near the limit of the car in real life is something few people ever do. My own time was about a minute off my simulated time.

Having children, a nagging wife and paying for all damage you cause kind of slows you a bit:scared:

nsxv.jpg

Ran on Comfort softs and ended where its does in the vid. Can reduce the time of course but taking into account the real life fear factor and me not pushing the limit that games can allow or grinding, its pretty good. Would be interested to see the speed counter on the vid to compare each corner and how much acceleration you can get before the next. Sport tyres in GT5 allow for silly grip and you could hit the last corner in the high 7:20s or low 30s, and using GT5 longer full lap timer points 7:45 is easily done in a few laps.

Regardless of OTT comparisons, NSX is a great car in GT. Everyone should try it on Comforts at the Nurburgring. Car just loves corners and gliding through them.

Last edited:
This:

Having driven the place as recently as October this year with 260hp under the right foot, I can confirm doing a whole lap anywhere near the limit of the car in real life is something few people ever do. My own time was about a minute off my simulated time.

Having children, a nagging wife and paying for all damage you cause kind of slows you a bit:scared:

The Green Hell isn't called the Green Hell for nothing :)

Latest Posts

Back