Game will not update to 1.08

  • Thread starter Thread starter DanielGT500
  • 6 comments
  • 964 views
Messages
15
Messages
DanielGT500, GTP_Daniel
My game still says that it is version 1.07 when I check the manual, but when I quit the game and start it again, I see no update prompt. I am logged into the PSN. I did the PS3 update to 3.60 or whatever it is, but I have seen no GT5 update. What is happening, and how can I fix it?
 
The new update number actually starts with 1.07.544 not 1.08 so u probably do have the new update.
 
Hmm, that is interesting. Is there any way that the update could have been applied without my input? As I stated, I only did the PS3 firmware update.
 
Easiest way to confirm you have the 1.08 or not is to go into practice mode and see if you can enter the barrier at SSR7. The update was to fix the glitch so if you can still enter it then you didn't get the update. And yes, it worked at the practice track as well as online. I verified this the other night before the patch was released.
 
It was a really fast update. I almost missed it happening and had to double check myself but it was there. I checked the news feed and it said the number was 1.07.544. It only updated one thing so it's not much to notice.
 
Well, I know now that I have the update; I just don't know how it got there. For every other GT5 update, I have had the same routine of clicking to start the game, receiving the update prompt, then downloading/applying the update. For this one, I never did that.
 
As RC9 said, it was a very small update, only 1.7mb, it loads very fast even on a 1.5mb/s bandwidth. If you have a really fast internet connection, and got up to do something else while you waited for the game to boot up, it's entirely possible you never saw it happen.
 
Back