Gamepad Settings

• Thread starter th3o
  • 2 comments
Germany
Berlin
Hey guys,

can you recommend me good Settings for the Win10 version of the game?
My biggest issue with the default settings is that i dont feel any understeering when pushing too fast in corners. The games steering- or speedsensitivity wont allow the car to turn in and push over the front wheels. Front tires never loose grip, the car just does not steer more than a certain angle and it feels artificially limited. I just have to slow down, keep the analog stick pushed to one side and just wait for the speedsensitivity to lessen. Feels dull. Is there any way to work around that except getting a proper wheel? Otherwise i like how it feels on the gamepad. I feel like the game is denying me in feeling the cars limits. I also found out during last month when i had a T300RS here, that with a wheel i can take the exact same corner with the exact same car a few mph faster and i assume its this annoying steering limitation in the games engine that prevents me from doing this with the gamepad. GT Sport does manage to allow me to feel understeering on the gamepad for example.

And this also leads to absurd situations. I was yesterday driving the 570S around Monza and believe it or not, the game wont allow me to take the Curva Grande full throttle, it just drives me out of that long corner. This is literally the first racing game i drove where i could not take a supercar full throttle around that corner.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Front tires never loose grip, the car just does not steer more than a certain angle and it feels artificially limited. I just have to slow down, keep the analog stick pushed to one side and just wait for the speedsensitivity to lessen. Feels dull. Is there any way to work around that except getting a proper wheel?
Try switching the steering setting in the assist to Simulation. It cuts back on the speed sensitivity but can be more twitchy if your not careful.

Thanks mate, tried that. Its more twitchy and direct but actually does not do that big of a deal for my problem.
I think my problem is just not a problem, its supposed to be like that.

Back