Gamepad wheel

Vanutau
Rosario
Francocosta02
Hey! Just to show you, I found a cool gadget for the gamepad, usefull for those who have a 3d printers, I was pointed at in a WhatsApp group, then I found the thing in thingiverse, and as I have a 3d printer I tough, why not? Then I got in the task to print the thing.... It was made by pixel2 user on thingiverse, I downloaded the files and printed as is....

IMG-20180815-WA0071.jpeg

Then it was the time to install it on the gamepad...

IMG_20180816_003411070.jpg

Then the test began....

At first I encountered some issues, like when I installed it LB and RB were constantly pressed, nothing that a little heat and molding on the piece could t solve, after I got that figured out, the real test begun....

Fired up fm7 (as usual on a current gen game, it updated) and got to the track, first feeling was a bit weird, it took some time to get used to, but after a few laps I got the hand of it, I don't think I'll be using this daily, but it sure was a fun experience, a different experience... You got finer control on the steering wheel, but with manual gearbok it gets a bit more tricky since most of the time you'll be driving it with only one thumb.... I think with a lot more practise you can be setting up better times, but for now.... I'll stick to the good old regular system lol....

Anyways, in case that you have a 3d printer I'll leave you the thingiverse link for it and test it yourself, you only need a 608 bearing to join the steering with the base.....

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3049220

as is, not quite.... needs a few modifications on the frame, in my gamepad it made lb and rb unusable, and also a few times the pair button got pressed, after i solved that, another problem, it needs a bit of use and tear, so it becomes a bit more loose, and it returns to the center by its own.... as i said earlier, takes time to get used to, its true that gives you finer control but many hours of usage are needed to master it...

Back