Games You Can't Remember the Name Of

• Thread starter Lain
  • 28 comments

Lain

Premium
United States
Pasadena, TX
Yaywalter
Simply put, what are some games that you remember playing but can't for the life of you remember what their names were?

Over the years, I've recalled many old games I used to play, but most of the time I was able to remember their names or easily look it up. However, a few names have still eluded me, despite my best efforts.

One game I remember was a adventure game for classic Macintosh, not too dissimilar to something like The Manhole... especially since it was made in HyperCard as well. But this one was something of an indie project. It was made by a class of students from Hawaii, elementary I believe. I originally found this game on a CD compilation of shareware Mac games I borrowed from a teacher, which I'm pretty sure was one of the MacCube volumes. Or at the very least was released by the same publisher, Aztech.

I found a bundle of most of the MacCube volumes all together for $15 on eBay, so I ordered that and maybe soon I'll have my answer.
Mystery *finally* solved, it's K'Kai Adventure.

Another game I can't remember the name of is particularly difficult, since I never actually played it... I just looked at the box art. It was a space shooter for PC circa the early 90s, and I think it was published by Microprose… but maybe not. After doing some research, I came across Lightspeed and Hyperspeed, but I’m not entirely convinced either of those are it. From what I can recall, the box art (and/or screenshots) was more reddish and featured spaceships shooting yellow lasers. Plus I don’t think this game was a true spaceflight-style game like those, it looked like it was more Star Fox-esque.

Last edited:
Long shot here, but Star Fighter?

2648950-3dostarfighter3000.jpg

It was, and still is, one of my favorite games of all time and I still keep my 3DO around to play it. It reminded me quite a bit of Starfox since you piloted the spaceship in a "chase came" view as you flew around a city blowing up buildings.

Thanks for the attempt, but no I don't think that's it. It was more abstract, and polygonal.

Something along the lines of Cyberia's cover in terms of layout (though flipped horizontally):

256px-Cyberiagameshot.jpg

But with a color scheme more akin to Terminal Velocity:

Terminal_Velocity_Coverart.png

Games I can't remember the name of at this point are games I probably no longer remember in general :lol:

There's one I periodically forget the name of, but always remember it for the silly side game.

It's called Kensai Sacred Fist. It's a fighting game, but the side game is that you can take characters and have them run on a track to set lap records. I don't see the correlation of it to fighting, but I had a blast playing that.

Some games I probably spent a good amount of time enjoying but have completely forgotten are flash-based games on places like Newgrounds or something.

I thought this thread already exists.

I remember a game where you were playing as this character with somewhat bunny ears with spikes and one of the levels involved surfing down a stream avoiding cute yet spikey enemies. I loved it :) but don't know the name :(

I thought this thread already exists.

I remember a game where you were playing as this character with somewhat bunny ears with spikes and one of the levels involved surfing down a stream avoiding cute yet spikey enemies. I loved it :) but don't know the name :(
Klonoa, maybe?

Klonoa.png

We had a PC title that could only be described as a budget Midnight Club around 2000/2001. Managed to track down through IGCD last year but never bookmarked it and the name once again slipped my mind.

Thankfully the license-dodging fake car models are easily comparable to their real life counterparts. Searching for "Marcos" on IGCD was the quickest way to find what I was after.

4254.2.jpg

Graphically, Midnight GT holds up surprisingly well for a 2000 title. That's about all it has going for it unless the bumpiest of bumper car physics is your thing.

@Wiegert I still have the original installer CD for that game :D Physics are not too bad (except for collisions as you mentioned), cars look good (for their age) and the tracks are all pretty fun and unique.

There's also a rally game on the same CD called Rage Rally. Only 2 cars and 4 tracks, but better physics despite being released 2 years before Midnight GT:

There was this DS game I used to play a lot, a military tactics game, was turned based where you tried to defeat all the enemy units, or complete an objective. There was different "commanders" to face each level and there was also a skirmish mode, I think there was multiplayer as well, but have no clue what the name of it was.

There was this DS game I used to play a lot, a military tactics game, was turned based where you tried to defeat all the enemy units, or complete an objective. There was different "commanders" to face each level and there was also a skirmish mode, I think there was multiplayer as well, but have no clue what the name of it was.

One of these two, I'm guessing:

1781426-dsvdr.png

Though Days of Ruin's name outside of America was Dark Conflict, if that's the one you played.

Well after years of searching, I finally found the name of the first game I described.

Kaunakakai Adventure, made by the students of Kaunakakai Elementary.

sWU5MIZ.jpg

There was a racing game for SNES that I can't remember and it's been killing me for years. basically you started in Karts and went up in different categories until you made it to Formula cars. Very nice game... I loved it. I just can't remember the name of it :(

Well it's not a whole game but I've had this track in my mind for years and have never been able to remember which game it was from. Obviously I can't remember the entire layout but this is what I think I remember:

dRGtaQ1.jpg

The fork section, I really don't know if I'm remembering right or not. What I'm sure of is that section was under a deep tree canopy, whether it really did fork or not. Before that, around the pits, it was very open. It was definitely fictional and I'm sure it was in a semi-serious game, not arcade Ridge Racer or anything. I'm sure I remember driving licensed cars on it.

My memory also seems to recall it was mostly set in a dark and rainy sort of environment but it may have been variable. It will be a PS1/PS2 console game and I was sure it was one of the Toca games but I can't find it or anything resembling it roughly.

I don't know if its just a homebrew Famicom game. But it starred Mario, Mario 3 style. He turns into a ball when you want to jump higher. He will bounce until he gain air. He also turns into a mermaid to swim when the "World" is on water. The bosses have somewhat Aztec inspired designs in them. And the sound is a bit creepy for a kid's game. At the end of every stage, there's a slot machine themed area IIRC. In the cartridge, its title is Mario 4. Its a 5in 1 game. The other games included is Snow Bros. I don't remember the other games title.

I can't remember the name of the game but this is all I know you race cars on freeways but its always night time I think all the cars had fake names but looked like cars in real life the handling of cars was terrible. Game game out late 90s or 00's.

I can't remember the name of the game but this is all I know you race cars on freeways but its always night time I think all the cars had fake names but looked like cars in real life the handling of cars was terrible. Game game out late 90s or 00's.

Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero is you're thinking PS2 era, otherwise there was Metropolis Street Racer on the Dreamcast. If you go further back there was a series of games called Shutokou Battle that pre dated those.

Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero is you're thinking PS2 era, otherwise there was Metropolis Street Racer on the Dreamcast. If you go further back there was a series of games called Shutokou Battle that pre dated those.

Kind of looks likeTokyo Extreme Racer Zero but I think it was only on PC but I have long lost the my PC games.

I guarantee a majority of the audience have never heard of the game I am about to discuss. During my 5th Grade year, there was a very old (even for my time back in the mid-1990s then) PC game that I found on YouTube months ago. It is a side-scrolling shooter called Parsec. It was a game on the TI 99 4/A released in 1982 by Texas Instruments. I rarely got to play it. A few times, though, I tried to sneak in a little play time on it.

So, uh... get to know Parsec:

You're welcome, world.

Well it's not a whole game but I've had this track in my mind for years and have never been able to remember which game it was from. Obviously I can't remember the entire layout but this is what I think I remember:

(pic)

The fork section, I really don't know if I'm remembering right or not. What I'm sure of is that section was under a deep tree canopy, whether it really did fork or not. Before that, around the pits, it was very open. It was definitely fictional and I'm sure it was in a semi-serious game, not arcade Ridge Racer or anything. I'm sure I remember driving licensed cars on it.

My memory also seems to recall it was mostly set in a dark and rainy sort of environment but it may have been variable. It will be a PS1/PS2 console game and I was sure it was one of the Toca games but I can't find it or anything resembling it roughly.

This probably isn't it, but my first instinct was the Japan track in the PS1 version of NFS Porsche Unleashed. There's no fork in the road or even any pits, but the track does have tree canopies followed by open sections plus plenty of 90 degree turns.

Yeah it's not that, but thanks. The image I have in my head feels like a very British sort of setting, Scottish even.

We call "Total Drivin'" as "Car and Driver Grand Tour Racing '98" here in the United States, and I have thought over time that game is quite underrated. Not impressive a racing game, but it has some elements that make it anything but generic.

I remember a game from a long while back, not sure what platform it was on, it was like an RTS game where you took over a neighbourhood by vandalising and terrorising the occupants of the buildings. One unit played loud music from giant speakers. Very vague I know but it's been driving me mental.

I remember a game from a long while back, not sure what platform it was on, it was like an RTS game where you took over a neighbourhood by vandalising and terrorising the occupants of the buildings. One unit played loud music from giant speakers. Very vague I know but it's been driving me mental.

QB9vDTq.png

I'm trying to remember a PS2/Gamecube game. Had talking chibi cars that were actually licensed cars and a large exploration area where you can travel around and talk to other chibi cars and race them.

I'm trying to remember a PS2/Gamecube game. Had talking chibi cars that were actually licensed cars and a large exploration area where you can travel around and talk to other chibi cars and race them.

Could be one of the Choro Q games. The ones that I know of don't have talking cars though, but they have a lot of different versions of this game so one of them might be it.

Back