GameSaves

  • Thread starter Thread starter tobargi
  • 15 comments
  • 1,344 views
Messages
5
Hello All,

Is there anyone here from the UK who has all gold in the GT4 licenses? Would you be willing to share your gamesaves to save my son and I from spending 12 hours a day on this? Appologies if this breaks any forum rules or regulations as I am new to all this.

I bought this game for my son (5.5) when it came out. Although I think the Arcade mode is fine I tried to get the licenses so that we can have some real fun.

We have been trying to get the licenses and are now stuck following the pace car through the narrow streets of a small French town and just cannot pass that level, in fact my son is better than I most of the time but he is inconsistent and I am unable to explain to him how I can drive a real car (althogh his mum disagrees) but cannot drive this psx car. I had a go last night for over 2 hours and I keep failing with about 3-5 seconds over the limit.

If anyone has all gold and is willing to share their success pls let me know and I will send you a memory card and a stamped addressed envelope, I will also pay you for your effort.

Once again pls forgive me if this kind of request is a taboo around here.

Many thanx

tobargi
 
I should have an all gold (ARMAx code generated) PAL save on my Web site sometime this evening. It will include all the license cars. There will also be a save with a huge amount of money as well.
 
I'm not in the UK and don't even have the game yet, but I can't let this go without saying something. My respect may not mean much to anyone here, but they'll lose it instantly for saying anything negative towards you. I spent countless hours playing video games with my son starting when he was around three and just wanted to hold a controller. Yes, he helped me pass a sticking point on a game first time around age 6 and I'm sure you can imagine the excitement of him doing something that daddy couldn't or maybe it was just that he helped me and that made him happy. I'd give anything to have him back.
 
RogsR34UK
I should have an all gold (ARMAx code generated) PAL save on my Web site sometime this evening. It will include all the license cars. There will also be a save with a huge amount of money as well.

RogsR34UK,

Thanx for your reply. So, how do I get the file from a website to my memory card, I do not have any means of reading or writing between the web-pc and the psx? That is why I was asking for a UK member so I can send them a memory card with a SAE.

Regards
 
tobargi
RogsR34UK,

Thanx for your reply. So, how do I get the file from a website to my memory card, I do not have any means of reading or writing between the web-pc and the psx? That is why I was asking for a UK member so I can send them a memory card with a SAE.

Regards

A device called a Max Drive or AR Max allows you to transfer game saves from any PS2 game from PS2 to PC and back. It's about the same price as a memory card. You can also use your PC to store saves, so the storage space becomes virtually limitless. Of course, it would be cheaper to find someone near you that has the game save you want if you're only going to use it this one time.
 
tobargi
RogsR34UK,

Thanx for your reply. So, how do I get the file from a website to my memory card, I do not have any means of reading or writing between the web-pc and the psx? That is why I was asking for a UK member so I can send them a memory card with a SAE.

Regards

You will need a USB memory stick and Action Replay MAX for the PS2. You can then use the 'copy saves' function in ARMax to transfer the saved game from the PS2 memory card to the USB stick, then you can plug it in to the PC to move the save on to the PC (a .MAX file). do the reverse to get the save on to the PS2.
I got my USB memory stick from PCworld for about £12.
 
If you want to mail me the card that is fine. I would recommend one without important saves on it and probably recorded delivery. PM me if you want to go down that route.

Having said that the MaxDrive is a good device. Admittedly I had to reformat the 16Mb USB drive once and now use my own 128Mb one with it. Currently £12.99 from Play.com.
 
tobargi
Hello All,

Is there anyone here from the UK who has all gold in the GT4 licenses? Would you be willing to share your gamesaves to save my son and I from spending 12 hours a day on this? Appologies if this breaks any forum rules or regulations as I am new to all this.

I bought this game for my son (5.5) when it came out. Although I think the Arcade mode is fine I tried to get the licenses so that we can have some real fun.

We have been trying to get the licenses and are now stuck following the pace car through the narrow streets of a small French town and just cannot pass that level, in fact my son is better than I most of the time but he is inconsistent and I am unable to explain to him how I can drive a real car (althogh his mum disagrees) but cannot drive this psx car. I had a go last night for over 2 hours and I keep failing with about 3-5 seconds over the limit.

If anyone has all gold and is willing to share their success pls let me know and I will send you a memory card and a stamped addressed envelope, I will also pay you for your effort.

Once again pls forgive me if this kind of request is a taboo around here.

Many thanx

tobargi

I have all Bronze which lets you into all the stuff you need, (live in London)
I will email you my address if you like
Phil
 
The tests really teach you how to drive the "GT" way. As many others have said, you don't need the Gold licenses and the only benefit of trying to get them is to win a certain car. By getting a memory card download with Gold licenses, you won't get that car (unless you ask for that too). So you won't have anything more than you would have gotten by getting Bronzes.
 
tobargi
just ordered Action Replay MAX EVO Edition from Play.com

Keep an eye on the forums here. Hopefully someone will start providing data editing programs like the MK's program and Arwin's Replay Manager were available for GT3, which allow you to edit your game save/garage on your PC. You could exchange cars, change the color of your cars, edit your money to millions of dollars, even hybrid cars (like putting high power engines in minicars) and whatnot. I'm hoping that someone will be able to make a utility like this for GT4 anyway since they were available for GT3. Once you get a data transfer device, lots of cool stuff can be done.:)
 
no, if i gave him my save, he will have the cars.
 
feldon23
The tests really teach you how to drive the "GT" way. As many others have said, you don't need the Gold licenses and the only benefit of trying to get them is to win a certain car. By getting a memory card download with Gold licenses, you won't get that car (unless you ask for that too). So you won't have anything more than you would have gotten by getting Bronzes.

Not necessarily. Before too long there will be some awesome saves available with all golds, every car in your garage and millions of dollars. It's only a matter of time until these start getting traded around the net.
 
tobargi
just ordered Action Replay MAX EVO Edition from Play.com


make sure its PAL and also make sure it comes with the USB thingy.
 
HI there,

I would gladly copy my save for you. I have gold in every licence and so have all the cars that you win too.

If you already have this sorted then no probs. Don't worry about postage costs though as I will send it from my work (which is free).

Cheers,

Dan
 
Back