gamespot and ign gt4 previews

  • Thread starter Thread starter cobragt
  • 29 comments
  • 1,770 views
Messages
3,420
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/550/550796p1.html?fromint=1
Complete with a gear-shifting animation and extremely well-done hand and arm movements the result was like watching a long motion-captured sequence, but it was in fact game footage. It was amazing and it was hard to believe that we were watching a game and not some video footage.


I'm sold

cars in the gt4 build
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/550/550814p1.html

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/granturismo4/preview_6108426.html
El Capitan, so as soon as the press conference was over we took the opportunity to test-drive a few different cars there. The scenery was arguably the most beautiful we've ever seen in a racing game



People are loving that capitan track.
 
Reading through the car list. Don't believe it's final though.
 
At the moment the car list is already impresive. But I'm hoping for more european cars, especially older european metal like say a Renault 8 Gordini or Citroen 2CV(that would be a laugh round the Nurburgring). Looking foreward to more news in the future.
 
the car list still look incomplete...
do you think they will touch 800?...
 
I stil don;t see my 1991 mazda 626 5 door in there.... :(
 

Attachments

  • 90807061990206LRG.jpg
    90807061990206LRG.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 20
The list IS incomplete, it's been compiled by IGN themselves.
 
Volvo 240GLT Estate???? Are they taking the mickey or what?
 
Don't diss a Volvo. Anyway, one of my childhood dream cars is in, the Lotus Carlton 👍.
 
Wow a lot of great cars are on that list!!!

Alfa Romeo Spider Duetto (1966)
Alpine A110 1600S (1973)
Audi Quattro (1982)
Autobianch A112 Abarth (1979)
BMW M Coupe (1998), M3 (2004), M3 CSL (2003)
Callaway C12 (2003)
Ginetta G4 (1964)
Hommell RS Berlinette (2002)
Honda S500 (1963), S600 (1964), S800 (1966)
Jensen Interceptor MkIII (1974)
Lotus Carlton (1990)
Marcos Mini Marcos GT MkIII (1970)
Mercury Cougar XR-7 (1967)
Nissan Fairlady 2000 (1968)
Shelby Cobra 427 (1967), Series 1 Super Charged (2003)
TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000), Cerbera Speed Six (1997), T350C (2003), Tamora (2002), Tuscan Speed 8 (2000), V8S (1991)

:lol::drool: AgainWOW :lol::drool:
 
live4speed
Don't diss a Volvo. Anyway, one of my childhood dream cars is in, the Lotus Carlton 👍.

Yeah, I can't wait to have a blast in that car
 
Too much old cars, well thats my opinion! :) Anyway its looks good
 
live4speed
Don't diss a Volvo. Anyway, one of my childhood dream cars is in, the Lotus Carlton 👍.

Same here :bowdown:

I hope they include the "normal" Vauxhall Carlton/Opel Omega though
 
maniko
Wow a lot of great cars are on that list!!!

Alfa Romeo Spider Duetto (1966)
Alpine A110 1600S (1973)
Audi Quattro (1982)
Autobianch A112 Abarth (1979)
BMW M Coupe (1998), M3 (2004), M3 CSL (2003)
Callaway C12 (2003)
Ginetta G4 (1964)
Hommell RS Berlinette (2002)
Honda S500 (1963), S600 (1964), S800 (1966)
Jensen Interceptor MkIII (1974)
Lotus Carlton (1990)
Marcos Mini Marcos GT MkIII (1970)
Mercury Cougar XR-7 (1967)
Nissan Fairlady 2000 (1968)
Shelby Cobra 427 (1967), Series 1 Super Charged (2003)
TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (2000), Cerbera Speed Six (1997), T350C (2003), Tamora (2002), Tuscan Speed 8 (2000), V8S (1991)

:lol::drool: AgainWOW :lol::drool:

Those are the ones I was diggin (:
 
Who wrote the gamespot article? There is no such thing as an 1886 Chrysler Tri-Wheel.
 
Is it really an actual, official list? IGN's reputation has me waiting this list makes it elsewhere before celebrating. There are so many typing mistakes in there, it's almost unbelievable.
 
Ev0
Who wrote the gamespot article? There is no such thing as an 1886 Chrysler Tri-Wheel.


never driven one, but PD seems to think it is a worthwhile car. i dunno?

2004092460945.jpg
 
Man... they are *so* biased... Can't say that I blame them. If I had the power to make a game like that, I would probably be using mostly American/Italian/European cars.

But still... I'd rather have 550 cars and an equal and fair amount of cars from all makers than 650, where that extra 100 is all Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, and Subaru cars... Variety is nice... but nearly every single model each of those makers built in the last decade or so? Too much...

Anyways... this is really awesome news... too bad about the delay though. But I for one, am definitely excited about this game!
 
That old 1886 car is not a Chrysler, it's a Daimler. Every stupid gaming website out there call it a Chrysler because of the merger between the two a few years ago. They had no relation together before that, so it's not a Chrysler.
 
Still to many Japanese cars...........and not enough european and US cars! :scared:
 
PunkRock
That old 1886 car is not a Chrysler, it's a Daimler. Every stupid gaming website out there call it a Chrysler because of the merger between the two a few years ago. They had no relation together before that, so it's not a Chrysler.
I just read something from a website that said it was a Chevy.

Anyway, we get a '87 Buick GNX! Whoo-hoo! But I still don't see a Daytona Corbra Coupe race car.
 
Solid Lifters
I just read something from a website that said it was a Chevy.

Anyway, we get a '87 Buick GNX! Whoo-hoo! But I still don't see a Daytona Corbra Coupe race car.

We still have a S load of cars to see :nervous:
 
TwinTurboJay
I stil don;t see my 1991 mazda 626 5 door in there.... :(

Turbo J - I'm waiting for my MX6 coupe as well! 1st Gen Mazda 6s rule!
 
Dev_Zero
Reading through the car list. Don't believe it's final though.

It says at the start of the article that it is a partial list.
 
I don't know what the deal is with that 1988 IROC-Z Concept. There was an '89 Concept. It looks like the 4th gens + crap. I really hope there is just a regular IROC in there. Driving my own car would be cool. Here is the uglyass concept:

cal_camaro_side_a.jpg
 
user garage to hold at least 1000 cars - WOW !

They better include methods to sort your garage and save it that way

With "B" spec mode might be able to speed up races and make for instance a 4 hour endurance only last 1 hour -------- Mixed feelings on that, would come in handy on trying to get that certain car in a certain color

60's Cougar, I think 67 was mentioned, was a decent car in GT2 and cheap
 
greenlightning
user garage to hold at least 1000 cars - WOW !

They better include methods to sort your garage and save it that way

Yeah i dont fancy havin scroll through that 1000 cars to find what i want! They could have a new selection screen showing only cars from a single make, era etc.

I hope they include a ready calculated power/weight ratio in the car specs screen too, i could live without it but it'd be good to have one when trying to pick even cars when racing mates.
 
Back