Gamestop competition - win GT4 & DFP

  • Thread starter Thread starter Minnesota01R6
  • 22 comments
  • 1,857 views
Messages
587
**note to mods: this topic was kinda already posted here but I think it should be in the GT4 section, and I have more info to give. **

I went in to gamestop and they are having a GT3 competition (Lotus Elise on Midfield). The people with the 2 fastest times get to compete with winners from other gamestop stores. If you beat 'em all, you get a copy of GT4 and a DFP for free! I know this is happening at all the stores in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, and I would bet it is happening in your area too! Give your local Gamestop a call and see if they are having this competition! The guy at the store I went to told me qualifying is open until Feb. 24th.

Good Luck!
 
Not in CT, I was there today. I finished paying off my GT4 (which doesn't come out till tomorrow for some odd reason) and I didnt hear anything about such competions. Well whats the time, I wanna see if i can beat it at my house on my PS2, until tomorrow atlease.
 
Aww, they don't have one here either. They said they're gonna get my copy in this evening, though. So I don't care, im still psyched :D
 
Not in California either.. sorry people I just been to 3 Gamestops around my area and theres no sign of any special events happening do to the release of the greatest racing simulator.. :sly:
 
They're doing that here in Orlando, FL in all the Gamestops, should be interested, I placed 2nd at the closest Gamestop near me =D Hope I can move on to win the DFP and just sell my 2nd copy to someone..
 
yup... there was one here this past saturday.... I ended up getting 3rd place out of 17 people. bleehh.. i got 1:22.xxx on time trial #5 (with viper on laguna seca).. now if they were using my setup at home instead of some sucky wireless controller... then....

16328503-L.jpg



16328506-L.jpg



15631478-L.jpg



15631480-L.jpg



15631490-L.jpg



15631487-L.jpg
 
AlexLude
yup... there was one here this past saturday.... I ended up getting 3rd place out of 17 people. bleehh.. i got 1:22.xxx on time trial #5 (with viper on laguna seca).. now if they were using my setup at home instead of some sucky wireless controller... then....

16328503-L.jpg



16328506-L.jpg



15631478-L.jpg



15631480-L.jpg



15631490-L.jpg



15631487-L.jpg

Hmm.. nice 👍 You got yourself all hooked up. I play on my DS1 Controller hahaha.. :dopey:
 
importdynasty
They're doing that here in Orlando, FL in all the Gamestops, should be interested, I placed 2nd at the closest Gamestop near me =D Hope I can move on to win the DFP and just sell my 2nd copy to someone..
you just made my day!!! Florida Mall here I come!!!
 
I notice the NA packaging is black, but I couldn't tell from the photo if it came with the big reference guide or is that just the insert that is in the game case. Just curious because the Asian copies came in a larger box that contained the game case and a pretty large reference guide with car and track facts. Also had some driving guides also. I don't read chinese so I didn't get to enjoy it too much.
 
AlexLude
now if they were using my setup at home instead of some sucky wireless controller...

Very NICE!
Is that a self made cockpit or did you buy it somewhere?
I almost thought it was the model that Logicol (Logitech's ASIAN subsidiary I believe) sold early last year over in Japan...is it?

Thx for any feedback! 👍
 
My Gamestop here in Kansas says "Our shipment comes in between 11am and 2pm tomorrow." Which kinda bites. I got today off, but I work from 3pm to 11pm tomorrow and gotta get up for school the next day so I probably won't get much game time in till Thursday.
 
SimRaceDriver
Very NICE!
Is that a self made cockpit or did you buy it somewhere?
I almost thought it was the model that Logicol (Logitech's ASIAN subsidiary I believe) sold early last year over in Japan...is it?

Thx for any feedback! 👍


yup yup.. that is the one... :-) with a diff seat though
 
I called my local Gamespot this morning and was told ONLY reserved copies were available today and the others would be on sale tomorrow...how stupid is that sales plan?!

...called them back a min ago and they said to be there at 7PM this evening! Guess where I'll be at 6:30!!!
 
My local EB Games is having a GT4 tournament in a few weeks. Winner takes home a DFP. Hopefully I'll compete.
 
You guys have it easy if you are playing with a wireless controller. I had to play with one of those display boxes where the controller is "held" for you. The controller was probably from when the PS2 first came out. I still managed a 1:21.9xx (I think) on the first arcade run (elise at trial mountain).
 
AlexLude
yup... there was one here this past saturday.... I ended up getting 3rd place out of 17 people. bleehh.. i got 1:22.xxx on time trial #5 (with viper on laguna seca).. now if they were using my setup at home instead of some sucky wireless controller... then....

16328503-L.jpg



16328506-L.jpg



15631478-L.jpg



15631480-L.jpg



15631490-L.jpg



15631487-L.jpg

What do you drive in real life? I would rather have that seat in my car then for a game....
 
I wish there is more of these competition, how about a nationwide Gran Turismo competition.
 
went to Game Stop's GT4 event @ hooters in the orlando area.
some guy named josh won it. any good GT players in orlando named Josh on this board?
 
They did it at ours, only no DFP comp, only reg. GT4 for free I think, I won it. So I now have Import, and Two US versions.

Anywho, it was on time trial 5, viper + leguna seca. My fastest time was 1:21.687. For the next TWO HOURS after I retired people tried to beat it.
 
do you mind parting with your extra US Version??? 💡
 
eh, I'm actually using it for Lan setup, so I can have two cockpits set up right next to eachother and use it to run an arcade-like setup, where I can do tourneys' etc, in my local area. Hopefully it works out.
 
Back