Gaming PC Question

United States
United States
I want to get into iRacing and have no idea where to begin as far as building a PC. Ive read other threads that say you don't need to spend more than $700 to get a great setup that will run 110+ FPS with as settings maxed. I found this setup on newegg.com and wanted to know if this is good setup ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229557 ) or if people could list what specs and components they used in their builds. I have a 32" LCD Vizio TV that I plan to use.

A better GPU might need to be taken into account. GT 610 might be alright, although my GT 630 does perform well. I haven't tried iRacing on my pc yet though. Of course, it depends on what resolution you'll be running too. If you're only using it for iRacing you should be fine.
Maybe find a few benchmarks on each of the parts like the Mobo, GPU and CPU and go from there.

I don't know if that's much help but that's just a bit of my advice.

I want to get into iRacing and have no idea where to begin as far as building a PC. Ive read other threads that say you don't need to spend more than $700 to get a great setup that will run 110+ FPS with as settings maxed. I found this setup on newegg.com and wanted to know if this is good setup ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229557 ) or if people could list what specs and components they used in their builds. I have a 32" LCD Vizio TV that I plan to use.
It all looks good, try and upgrade the easiest costing thing for this , the ram, I know 16 gigs is perfect and any over is over doing it for win7 even though a mobo might say 64 it isn't needed. I still operate on the 560ti and I can keep a steady 40 fps on 1600x900

It all looks good, try and upgrade the easiest costing thing for this , the ram, I know 16 gigs is perfect and any over is over doing it for win7 even though a mobo might say 64 it isn't needed. I still operate on the 560ti and I can keep a steady 40 fps on 1600x900

So if I were to go with this just upgrade the ram another 8gb and I should be more than good?

So if I were to go with this just upgrade the ram another 8gb and I should be more than good?
Most likely, only thing you'll need to play with it settings, I uses the Asus rog g750 rz for on the go and gets 55 on max settings my desktop is outdated. Have fun it's a great game.

@NJ_Racer_93 - there's no way I could suggest that machine you linked. Right out of the gate the processor is a Pentium G instead of the more mainstream i5. I've had a Pentium D and a Celeron in the past and I'm done with budget chips. They might be fine for your mom to check her email but in my opinion not for gaming.

Also, I couldn't find the GT 610 on this chart, but I'll assume it's a few notches lower than the 630, which places it barely above Intel's integrated graphics. You'll feel the effects of the GPU ONLY HAVING 1Gb of memory, too. In short, the card is not great.

Memory - the 8Gb stick it comes with is honestly great plenty but you'd need another stick to take advantage of dual channel RAM.

All that said, I'd be significantly more inclined to suggest this machine. Yes, it's more expensive than the other but sporting a much better GPU is reason enough. Again, you'd need a stick of RAM but that's more than easy enough to add.

I don't think the ram will hold back that PC , I'd look at a more powerful graphics card.

(I have 8gig of ram on my pc and I get 150 fps with "medium" settings. It's plenty)

My 2cents

TB
@NJ_Racer_93 - there's no way I could suggest that machine you linked. Right out of the gate the processor is a Pentium G instead of the more mainstream i5. I've had a Pentium D and a Celeron in the past and I'm done with budget chips. They might be fine for your mom to check her email but in my opinion not for gaming.

Also, I couldn't find the GT 610 on this chart, but I'll assume it's a few notches lower than the 630, which places it barely above Intel's integrated graphics. You'll feel the effects of the GPU ONLY HAVING 1Gb of memory, too. In short, the card is not great.

Memory - the 8Gb stick it comes with is honestly great plenty but you'd need another stick to take advantage of dual channel RAM.

All that said, I'd be significantly more inclined to suggest this machine. Yes, it's more expensive than the other but sporting a much better GPU is reason enough. Again, you'd need a stick of RAM but that's more than easy enough to add.

Will I be able to run the graphics high with that setup keep in mind I want to run hdmi to hdmi to my 32" vizio

Will I be able to run the graphics high with that setup keep in mind I want to run hdmi to hdmi to my 32" vizio
I don't see any reason why not. Also, the R7 250 has an HDMI output so you'll be fine connecting to the TV.

Out of curiosity, any reason you haven't mentioned building your own computer? Assembly is a snap and picking out everything you need instead of what they give you means you can either get better parts or cheaper prices. :)

TB
I don't see any reason why not. Also, the R7 250 has an HDMI output so you'll be fine connecting to the TV.

Out of curiosity, any reason you haven't mentioned building your own computer? Assembly is a snap and picking out everything you need instead of what they give you means you can either get better parts or cheaper prices. :)

I want to build it myself but don't know where to start and don't want to start buying and ordering things and finding out they aren't compatible. I've been looking at the specs of various units people have recommended and tried piecing together what I need from there but I feel like I'm missing something somewhere

TB

If you could help point me in a good direction that would be helpful. I'd like to keep the price under $700 if at all possible

I just built a $850 amd based pc last week, pm me if you want the specs, watch a handful of youtube videos and ull figure out that building a pc is actually easy. Also pc parts flucuate in price on an almost daily basis, so always be looking for the best deals. $700 with an operating system is do-able, but i believe if you spent roughly $800 or so that you would get a better bang for your buck. Im playing on a 40inch 1080p 60hz tv , so i have my fps locked at 60, and im running pretty much "max settings" / keep in mind that if you plan on racing road or oval or both on a regular basis that youre gonna have to spend a couple hundred dollars on cars and tracks at some point in time. I spent $850 on my pc , (already had a g27 wheel) , spent $300 on game content , and got a 1 year subscription at half price.

-ASROCK H81M-VG4 LGA1150
-Intel Core i3 4130 3.4Ghz 3Mb LGA1150
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 1Gb GDDR5 HDMI
- 8Gb 1x8Gb DDR3
-Western Digital Blue 500Gb 7200RPM Sata 3 6Gb/s

can i run it max setting ? thank you for your help :)

Back