Garage battle

• Thread starter Mr ZX
  • 4 comments
Finland
Finland
JK-HIV
Being a great fan of Tekken series, I've for some time thought about how the great Team Battle mode from that series could be implemented with cars.

So I present you Garage Battle mode (or Garage Duel or whatever you would like to call it) for both local and online multiplayer. In this mode, two players choose a list of cars from their garages and then race against each other one car per round. The number of selectable cars could be set between 2 and 8. The PP limit can be also set, of course. The tracks can be selected manually or randomly.

If the player wins a round, he/she continues to the next round with the same car, while the losing player gets a next car from the list. To balance the situation, some of the tyre wear and possible damage on the winner's car is left unrepaired. The tyre wear and race length should be balanced carefully. As you would except, the number of round wins decide the overall winner.

A variation of this for more than two players would be easy to make too.

An alternative for the tyre wear/car damage penalty would be a more simple weight penalty system, where the winning car gains extra weight after every round won.

Last edited:
Good idea. Well thought out and explained.

I particularly like the weight handicap system. Varying amounts of weight could be added depending on the finishing positions continually balancing the field.
This would work even if the cars remained the same. Eventually the extra weight would have an effect so the winner should, in theory, change often (depending on the "penalty" amount).

Battle mode - yes I like it. It would certainly add a bit of "spice" to the game.

Back