garaiya gt300 - 2008. LSD

United States
Ohio
No matter what I do this car wants to loose grip in the outer rear at any speed or condition. I have messed with suspention to fix it 90% of the time, but when it does spin the LSD is 100% useless no matter what settings.

Why won't lsd spin the inner tire to counter it no matter the setting? I even tried 60/5/x and inner tire still won't spin.

What am I doing wrong?

No matter what I do this car wants to loose grip in the outer rear at any speed or condition. I have messed with suspention to fix it 90% of the time, but when it does spin the LSD is 100% useless no matter what settings.

Why won't lsd spin the inner tire to counter it no matter the setting? I even tried 60/5/x and inner tire still won't spin.

What am I doing wrong?
It would probably help to post the other setting you're running. That would give us an idea of possible causes for your problem.

Did you try a low Initial torque setting along with a low Acceleration sensitivity?

It would probably help to post the other setting you're running. That would give us an idea of possible causes for your problem.

Did you try a low Initial torque setting along with a low Acceleration sensitivity?
Yea i have tried 5-60 initial torque, and acceleration torque up to 45.

I'm running in gt300 championship and tuning as I right this reply so I'm still working. I know some of my setting may be wacky, just trying stuff that normally works for me.

Tcs:1
Abs:1
other aids off
DFGT
racing hard (will not use better)

Ride height: 63/58
springs: 14.53/18.40
com: 3/3
ext: 5/5
a-r bar: 5/4
cam: 2/.8
Toe: 5/.32
brakes: 6/7

Trans flip swap in Motors guide set to final of 3.783

Lsd: 10/5/10 (tried both low setting again, still nothing.

Aero: 350/473

I only have problems if outer tire decides to lose grip. From there it starts to spin and unlike my other cars cannot use lsd to control it. I also have a problem with bumps. If I tap a rumble strip the wrong way my car has zero chance with above problem and will spin out of control.

Yea i have tried 5-60 initial torque, and acceleration torque up to 45.

I'm running in gt300 championship and tuning as I right this reply so I'm still working. I know some of my setting may be wacky, just trying stuff that normally works for me.

Tcs:1
Abs:1
other aids off
DFGT
racing hard (will not use better)

Ride height: 63/58
springs: 14.53/18.40
com: 3/3
ext: 5/5
a-r bar: 5/4
cam: 2/.8
Toe: 5/.32
brakes: 6/7

Trans flip swap in Motors guide set to final of 3.783

Lsd: 10/5/10 (tried both low setting again, still nothing.

Aero: 350/473

I only have problems if outer tire decides to lose grip. From there it starts to spin and unlike my other cars cannot use lsd to control it. I also have a problem with bumps. If I tap a rumble strip the wrong way my car has zero chance with above problem and will spin out of control.
I'll try that out when I get back to my PS3 👍

From my recent experiences with this car, I have found a higher rear camber helps a lot to maintain traction once the car starts to rotate, and a little bit more once you start to exit the corner.
I have been running the front around 1.0-1.8 depending on the track and the rear between 0.5-1.5 degrees higher than the front. :)

I found running the higher front camber helps only the initial turn in, and trail braking into a corner but it tends to over-rotate the car if turn in is too sharp. This can cause the rear to break traction and spin-up. This may be your issue, maybe not.

There may be some others coming along later with different opinions. Listen to them, and try what they say.👍 Most of them know a lot more than I do.

Once I've had a chance to try it, I'll be right back. 👍 (If someone hasn't

Cool, let me know if you can find the problem. I originally had camber around 1.6 in rear and it was sliding like crazy. Turned it down to around .7 and started handling 3x
better.

Last edited:
The club I race with had a GT300 series a few months ago and the Garaiya proved to be very tricky to handle.

I found managing the weight shift to be a problem and was able to control it to some degree with damper settings. Compression higher front than rear, Extension lower front than rear - helps keep the weight over the drive tyres for better traction.

One of the members used diff settings 35 | 10 | 35 which helped stability too.

Having rake higher in the rear also helps but looking at your ride height and springs, I'm guessing you like your car to rotate easily. If so, ignore that advice.

The club I race with had a GT300 series a few months ago and the Garaiya proved to be very tricky to handle.

I found managing the weight shift to be a problem and was able to control it to some degree with damper settings. Compression higher front than rear, Extension lower front than rear - helps keep the weight over the drive tyres for better traction.

Having rake higher in the rear also helps but looking at your ride height and springs, I'm guessing you like your car to rotate easily. If so, ignore that advice.
Yeah I usually like my cars to rotate easy, but hard to achieve on some cars without them spinning out. A lot of my cars are FR's and are tuned to a point I can floor the gas in a turn and it make the car rotate more, without even a single tire spinning or going sideways. (Like a FF with a lot of traction does) FR's are my strong suit though, MR cars like garaiya not so much.

I'll try your advice though and see what happens :)

That's very good advice. 👍
I've given it a good test drive and tried a few things to get rid of the sudden loss of outside rear grip. I would have to agree that a major part of the problem is the rotation available with this set-up. At high speed the car is well balanced if you find the groove but is a little to eager to turn, the front end is incredibly sensitive to any steering input which really hurts the car. IMO

in the lower speed corners I did see evidence of inside wheel spin, although it was hard to spot due to the outside rear giving way too easily. LSD accel setting of around 8 or 9 seemed to even this out and the braking sensitivity really needs to be raised too.👍

The dampers will help as @rams1de said either I'd soften the rear comp and front ext as suggested or I'd be looking at reducing the rear spring a little.👍

Sorry I took so long to get back, been a little on the busy side.:cheers:

Thanks for advice guys. I know it's been a while but I got really busy and couldn't update any posts in this thread about the car. Unfortunately I have been busy, so I haven't gotten to trying every piece of advice.

Back