Gauging Interest - Exotic Challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 7 comments
  • 634 views
Messages
11,128
England
Bromley
Messages
V16T91
Messages
E0nLeader
I haven't seen much of a championship for the many exotic cars in this game. However I'm planning to make this more of a challenge by using multiple cars for different races to add more variation.

I'm planning on putting in races with average supercars (500-ish bhp), slightly less powerful/luxury cars (maybe 400-ish bhp), muscle cars, more powerful supercars (600-ish bhp) and maybe the classic race cars as well.

I know the tracks I want to use, but some of them are Monza, Trial Mountain, Nurburgring GP, Tokyo R246 and Laguna Seca.

The PP limit would be around 600 for the majority of the races. but some tuning parts would be banned (the ones that go on race cars from stock, the racing exhaust, the FC Transmission and the FC Suspension to make them more like road cars, while there would be no racing tyres apart from the classic race cars obviously).

So? Do you think it's a good idea? What could be changed in your opinion?
 
I like the idea in concept. Would love an opportunity to race the likes of Countaches, F40s, 512BBs and other cars of that vintage. I also think it would be great to race in an event with the 3 20M Cr. cars (330P4, MarkIV, XJ9) - and now that we can share our garages it's seemingly possible.

My schedule is rather limited. Definitely in if the event occurs between 6pm and 8pm on Monday evenings.
 
I ran my 512bb in a 600pp room last night. Even with a tuned suspension and LSD it couldn't keep up with the more modern cars. It was quick down the straight at Grand Valley and was ok braking into turn 1...but it couldn't keep pace through the twisty sections of the track. It would be fun to race it against some similar vintage cars. I snapped the photo below after running an A-spec race.

512bb.jpg


Anyway, I like your concept. The only issue I have is the tuning and tire restrictions. You're better off just allowing people to use tuned suspensions since they don't affect the car's PP and there will be no way to monitor it. Since tires do factor into PP it is best to let the driver decide how much HP they want to remove so they can install those sticky tires. You may want to stick to racing hard as the limit though. Mixed tire classes can make for interesting racing as long as the course has a long enough straight for the higher hp cars to flex their muscles.

Before you nail down the car restrictions, try running some laps in different cars on various courses with a 600pp limit. I have found with the 500pp limit, lap times can vary quite a bit between cars. Newer cars have a distinct advantage over older cars but depending on the track there is a trade-off between power, weight, and traction. On a track like trial mountain it is much better to use your pp to install racing tires while a track like monza it is probably better to use your pp for horse power.
 
Anyway, I like your concept. The only issue I have is the tuning and tire restrictions. You're better off just allowing people to use tuned suspensions since they don't affect the car's PP and there will be no way to monitor it. Since tires do factor into PP it is best to let the driver decide how much HP they want to remove so they can install those sticky tires. You may want to stick to racing hard as the limit though. Mixed tire classes can make for interesting racing as long as the course has a long enough straight for the higher hp cars to flex their muscles.

Before you nail down the car restrictions, try running some laps in different cars on various courses with a 600pp limit. I have found with the 500pp limit, lap times can vary quite a bit between cars. Newer cars have a distinct advantage over older cars but depending on the track there is a trade-off between power, weight, and traction. On a track like trial mountain it is much better to use your pp to install racing tires while a track like monza it is probably better to use your pp for horse power.

The reason I think no suspension would be better is to make the cars performance more pure. However the new update ensures that tyres don't count towards performance points so I might reconsider the tyre regulations.
Sports tyres would still be a bit more realistic for performance in real life again.

The problem with doing tests is that there are a decent amount of standard cars which I want to incorporate into the races and it can be hard and random to acquire them. However the new trading limit shouldn't affect it much (if I decide to trade) apart from the classic race cars (I have the 330P4 and XJ13 though) and the Miura (which I already have).

And as per race times, I'm thinking Friday 3:30 pm GMT earliest or Saturday at anytime other than 11:30-13:00.
 
However the new update ensures that tyres don't count towards performance points
Really? That blows. Now its back to everyone driving on racing soft tires online again. I kinda liked the challenge of trading speed for grip.

I can do the 3:30 time slot although Mon-Weds is better than Fri...but I could make it work. Can't do Saturdays or Sundays.
 
I've actually got an Exotic Car Championship going right now with points standings and prizes. We run the Audi R8 5.2 and the Lamborghini Gallardo with mods to both cars so that they are virtually the same HP/weight. We run Tuesday nights at 9pm EST. Our second race of the season is this Tuesday. Feel free to PM me if you're interested.
 
I've actually got an Exotic Car Championship going right now with points standings and prizes. We run the Audi R8 5.2 and the Lamborghini Gallardo with mods to both cars so that they are virtually the same HP/weight. We run Tuesday nights at 9pm EST. Our second race of the season is this Tuesday. Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

This will be more than just Audi R8 vs Lamborghini Gallardo. This will have 430 Scuderia's, Gran Turismo S's, SLS AMG's, 330P4's, Camaro SS's, Miura's, XKR's, 8C's, LFA's, MP412C's...and much, much more.
 
Anyone else interested in this? I have the PP limits sorted out - I'm making them separate for each race...
 
Back