Gauging Interest - Formula Gran Turismo *CLEAN* Racing Series

  • Thread starter Thread starter SS_1182
  • 4 comments
  • 2,743 views
Messages
1,173
Messages
user27564
F1RedShowroom.jpg




I'm interested in getting together an F1 racing series. It seems that there isn't a ton of interest for a Ferrari F1 series, and those cars are all the same color anyway. :sly: I've personally never seen anyone suggesting a series for the Formula GT cars either, so I thought I'd throw the idea out there. With the FGT's we could actually have drivers with different colored cars, which would add a bit more individuality for each competitor, and the field would be completely level.


Events would be held on weekends. I am available to race for a few hours a day Fri-Sun in the afternoons. An example of a track setup for an event might look something like this:

5 Races Total:
Suzuka - 5 laps
Grand Valley Speedway - 5 laps
Circuit de la Sarthe (2009) - 3 laps
Road Course Indy - 5 laps
Nurburgring 24h - 2 laps


Other Formula GT-suitable tracks to mix up the events later:

Monza
Fuji
Road Course Daytona
Tokyo R246
High Speed Ring
Cote d' Azur
Laguna Seca
Cape Ring





That's 13 suitable tracks right there. What we could do is run 4 races in each series, but run 7 laps each or something similar. If we wanted to keep a points standing I suggest running 3 different 4-race series, with a 3-lap Nurburgring 24h race as the championship, making full use of the 13 available tracks. I have a lot of cars in my garage which can be used for prizes, and plenty of backups. I'd personally be willing to donate prize cars to at least the top 3 drivers in the standings for something of that size.



Another reason I think these races could be a lot of fun is that the playing field is completely level as far as the machines are concerned, and the drivers who emerge will do so because they set their cars up better and handle them more efficiently. Please also note that in an event like this I would strictly enforce clean driving standards for overtaking and avoiding contact. CLEAN, FUN RACES are the primary concern! The Formula GT car is very fast, and very powerful. It can be a handful if you are not careful. Carelessness could easily ruin the experience for several drivers. Entering the races with this understanding and concern for other drivers would be expected of everyone.

We would would also run each race with a grid start that is the opposite of the previous race results since the cars are so level and the people starting in back might not have a chance to work their way up, especially if we're racing somewhere like Cote d' Azur. The opening race would have a 2-3 lap qualifying session.




That's basically the gist of it. I could see this potentially growing to be a large event. If there end up being enough people interested I'd definitely be open for suggestions to make the racing as enjoyable and attractive as possible, especially if a league interest comes up. Just remember the focus here is a CLEAN-driving, 2-tires on, gentlemen's approach to racing in one of the game's classic super cars.


Courtesy toward all drivers and clean language would also be strictly enforced. I currently participate regularly in the CDC (Clean Driver's Club) Super GT events and they are fantastic. Today we raced a full 16-car grid on Nurburging 24h and the driving was very clean, and clean driving like that leads to real competitiveness on the track because everyone is still in it near the end, even if they are only battling near their current positions. The races were exciting and everyone was courteous to each other afterward. This can be a lot of fun if we set out to make it that way. Let me know if you are interested, and please sign with your PSN and the color of your Formula GT car. Mine's grey. :)
 
Last edited:
If the schedule does not conflict with my other series I'm in on either F1 or FGT!
Psn: Jav122678
 
Back