Italy
Treviglio
PAPPACLART
PAPPALCART
GBRCprev1-1.png

GRUMPY BRITISH RACING CLUB

th_CLUBGBRC.png

GBRC THREAD

GBRC member C7mpr will be hosting a night of casual racing using GBRC Clubman Class cars. The night will kick off around 8pm UK time. All are welcome providing that you are clean and respectful.

Please Send c7mpr a PSN if you have trouble finding the lounge. Lounge will be called GBRC.

Start 10/10/13
Time 19:30 UK time

Please see the below for specs of each car class.....

All cars are allowed to be tuned to the max providing they fit the specifications of each class. Ideally we encourage members not to limit/detune engines to fit spec, but rather tune them to the max level allowed for each class.

4jt8.jpg
Class K

Power Weight
107bhp 700kg

th_CLUBGBRC.png

Class K is an entry level class, and like all GBRC Clubman Classes is designed to cultivate the skills necessary for very close racing with a variety of competitive cars. Class K is ideally suited to any racer, from novice to experienced, who wish to hone and develop solid race-craft, allowing for extremely close racing but without the steep and often harsh learning curve demanded from a faster and more powerful class of car.

Class K like all GBRC Clubman Classes have power and weight limit restrictions, as well as restrictions based upon the base car you start with.

Any Car can be used that fits the below unless the cars has been banned from the class.

Class K cars, as stock, must weigh more than 700kg

K Class cars, as stock, must have less than 107bhp

Recommended tyres: Comfort Soft

All Drivetrain types are allowed in Class K

Rear wing aero modifications are banned

Tyre choice For Class K is Comfort Soft. Any aero that effects the PP of the car is banned in Class K.

There is huge diversity of choice within Class K. All drive-train types (with the exception of 4WD) are well represented. Class K cars have their strengths and weaknesses, depending on the track type and layout. It's surprising how fun an eco box can be; but saying that, within K Class there are some nice little quirky classics that make for an entertaining drive.

1335801851_21_FT0_nrburgring_24h_3_.jpg

Class C

Power Weight
177bhp 900kg

th_CLUBGBRC.png

Class C was formed to utilise cars we see every day on the road, ranging from the Mazda MX-5 to the Nissan March, and like all GBRC Clubman Classes is designed to cultivate the skills necessary for very close racing, with a variety of competitive cars. This class allows for extremely close racing with greater power than Class K, and for racers to improve their racecraft and car control when racing in a close pack. Class C is ideal for novice drivers and pros to improve their skills with a mix of drivetrains - there’s something for all driver levels within power levels. Class C cars are generally easy going on their tyres, reducing the effect of tyre degradation, and thus not impeding easier cars to drive like the FFs during longer races.

Class C like all GBRC Clubman classes have power and weight limit restrictions, as well as restrictions based upon the base car you start with.

Any Car can be used that fits the below unless the cars has been banned from the class.

C Class Cars, as stock, must weigh more than 900kg

C Class Cars, as stock, must have less than 177bhp

Recommended tyres: Sports Hard

All Drivetrain types except MR are allowed in Class C

0dp7.jpg

Class B
Power Weight
266bhp 1100kg

th_CLUBGBRC.png

Class B is the mid level in the Clubman range, with a good balance of power and weight, making it extremely popular in casual racing. These cars require a moderate-to-high level of driving skill, and while variety of cars is huge, drivers are encouraged to choose their cars carefully. For longer races, picking a car which is easier to drive may be preferable to one with greater outright performance, but greater difficulty. Nevertheless, Honda Integras may be seen in close combat with Nissan Silvias and VW Golf R32s.

Class B, like all GBRC Clubman Classes, have power and weight limit restrictions, as well as restrictions based upon the base car you start with.

Class B cars, as stock, must weigh more than 1100kg

Class B cars, as stock, must have less than 266bhp

Recommended tyres: Sports Medium

All Drivetrain types are allowed in Class B

Banned cars: Toyota 86 GT; Mazda RX-8

There is huge diversity of choice within Class B, FF, FR, MR and 4WD are well represented as well as even RR. Class B cars have their strengths and weaknesses, depending on the track type and layout. The FR cars lend themselves to the more experienced drivers, and FF for the novice as it allows a much more stable platform to race closely, but there is fun to be had in any type you may choose.

Last edited:
Lobby will be open from 7:30 for setup and to welcome new faces.

I will be running a short qualifier session prior to race 1 to allow people to 'get thier eye in' . Races will then be run reverse finishing order of preceeding race for the rest of the evening.

All races will be set to no driver aids (except abs 1) racing line will be on if you wish to use it.

Tyres will be comfort soft for the K's, sport hard for the C's. If we run some class B cars at the end of the night they will be run on sport meduim tyres.

Lobby regs will be set to reflect the classes above and we ask for the use of no more than 10% power limiter for all classes (this means no 350bhp cars detuned to 177bhp for class C for example).

Hope to see some new faces (and some old ones).

Hi chaps,
I have an impromptue open lobby open as we speak.
Room number is 1472-6399-8494-1420-4655

Tonight we will be using the Silvia RM on sports soft tyres with tuning prohibited to keep an even playing field.
An added twist to tonights racing in that we have heavy damage enabled, as a litle test to see how it affects the close racecraft we enjoy at GBRC, with the prospect of possibly using it in GT6 (assuming we have similar damage options of course!!)

you said sylvia RM? I will be on my way shortly, psn TEAMworkPLEASE is my ID lets DRIVE!

Sorry go6, had to change room numbers after getting dc'd.
Possibly running something similar tonight. Watch this space...

Ya i tried the number and said there was no room available, i figured something went wrong. Anyways when you open up the room tonight, what kind of class will you be running? the k cars again or c class or b class? I'm intrigued knowing that you have built up the cars into individual classes...I think i have created my own class of racing on this forum board called (Close Ratio Transmission) i have literally found 20 cars that all use the same 165 top speed close ratio racing transmissions, and all their engines are relatively similiar as well, if all 20 cars were fully built then detuned to my hp/kg restrictions they would all run very close to each other. Unfortunately some cars need weight reduction while other cars need extra hp parts, but i have found that all 20 cars do fit within in 1400kg and 305hp. It really is sensational to find out to group these cars together.....................when they brought about the sls amg from mercedes kaz mentioned something in the video....."If the car is built well, then it will drive well" because they use basic parameter of the car. So when they place these basic parameters inside the environment (the race track) then it should presumably drive very similiar to the way it handles in real life. which makes me smile everytime 8)

Room number 1472-6118-4130-9222-0599

Using the cappuccino RM tonight, fully tuned on sports medium tyres. Made fir some fantastically close racing in an official event we ran earlier this season.

This Saturday 7pm GMT

We have some casual racing using class B cars though with the regs slightly differ at 455pp. So weight limit is the same at 1100kg but power will need to be adjusted to ensure the cars meet the 455pp restriction.

Please refer to OP for Class B regs

The racing will take place in one of our casual lounges - GBRC_Casual so please send a FR and state that you are a GTP member looking to take part in the class B casual racing.

Any questions fire away.

Back