Gear Indicator & Accessibility - a Message for the Devs

England
England
snewty1
Hi, I have a feeling that the devs probably don't read these posts but, on the off-chance that one happens across this, please, please, please add an option to remove the suggested gear icon in races!

GT7 is a fantastic game, and this isn't to say I'm not enjoying it - but the gear icon (something I turned off for GT4, GT5 & GT6) I am struggling with.

I have sensory processing needs that make it very difficult for me to ignore things, especially brightly coloured things that appear out of nowhere and start flashing! Although most of the player-base won't have this problem, and therefore probably won't understand how distracting it can be for some people, I can't be the only one who stuggles with it.

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I never understood that whole thing either, but it doesn't really bother me. Maybe cut and use a Post-It to cover it up?
That would be such a bandaid fix to a problem, that already has been solved in the past by PD🤨
Strange enough, there is no option to disable it, when the gear suggestion (at least for me) always is wrong anyway.

I’ve always thought it was silly but it can be very useful for unfamiliar tracks. Since it suggests a gear for the upcoming corner. Which since GT1 has always been a gear to low. And it’s not super accurate but when it starts rapidly flashing that’s usually dry close to the braking zone. Agreed though that it can be annoying and there’s zero reason for that not to be an option for on or off. Side note it would be a good feature if you could customize your race screen despite what view you use. 🍻

That would be such a bandaid fix to a problem, that already has been solved in the past by PD🤨
Strange enough, there is no option to disable it, when the gear suggestion (at least for me) always is wrong anyway.
I was being serious with that suggestion. The problem is something we - as the users - can't fix. Hence, next best thing is to cover it up. If it's really causing OP sensory issues, there is no other way.

That's what I do in my real car anyway... when the check engine light comes on I just cover it up with some electrical tape and no more problem. :lol:

What's really silly is that this is still a feature in electric cars, where it helpfully flashes the suggestion of "D" at every corner.
I would hope if you ho head on into a wall it would flash "R".
I was being serious with that suggestion. The problem is something we - as the users - can't fix. Hence, next best thing is to cover it up. If it's really causing OP sensory issues, there is no other way.

That's what I do in my real car anyway... when the check engine light comes on I just cover it up with some electrical tape and no more problem. :lol:
No need, eventually the bulb will burn out.

So Glad in VR it’s not a issue.. granted you still get the suggested gear, but that’s all.

Back