Gear Indicator

• Thread starter Venymous
  • 5 comments
United States
Austin, Texas
Venymous
Is there a way turn this irritating thing off in GT Sport? There was an option for it in GT5 and GT6. I can't stand that thing telling me what gear it thinks I should be in or when it thinks I should be downshifting near braking points. It's almost always wrong and very distracting when it starts flashing.

This is one of the most annoying things about PD. They always manage to overlook/remove simple things like this. I remember In GT5 you could move the gear ratios around and it would output what your top speed would be. In GT6 this was removed. You had to adjust the ratios and then go test it on a track. To a non pro-tuner like me this was a really tedious guess and check process.

This is perhaps the most annoying thing I have noticed so far in GT Sport - while the BRAKE doesn't flash the red gear indicator light flashes at the same time the text would anyway. It's very distracting and unrealistic being told when to brake by the game. This was fixed in a GT6 patch as part of HUD customisation so very annoying to see it return as a compulsory

If you didn't suffer the flashing BRAKE indicator (in the closed beta)... be thankful!

Yeah, that was awful. :lol: However, it gives me hope that PD will patch this as well. They did for GT6 so hopefully before long they'll do it for GT Sport too.

Back