Gear Shift Indicator allowed during National Finals and Race Camp?

• Thread starter Project_R
  • 9 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi all,

Just wondering if the gear shift indicator option is switched on or off (or is the driver allowed to choose) during GT Academy Online Qualifiers/Offline Qualifiers, National Finals and/or Race Camp?

In the perfect world, it would be switched off as it forces players to use land marks as to when to brake, etc but just wondering if GT Academy allows it or not?

Further, during GT Academy Online Qualifiers/Offline Qualifiers, National Finals and/or Race Camp, I understand TCS is usually set to 0 for everyone. How about ABS (read that it is set to 1?), ASM and the other driver aids?

Thanks!

How does the gear shift indicator help with braking? I'm confused about that.

As for driving aids, I think it's everything off except for ABS1, but not 100% on that.

If you need to use the gear shift indicator to help you find your braking points, you're not going to be fast eough to get there in the first place.
Gotta say not true on this one!

Its a tatic for Gran Turismo that I've just always used, and used at Nationals.

Its just come natural to me over the years, I don't have specific number of flashes I wait for or anything, just a muscle memory so to speak of a set wait time I use.

I was surprised to find I was the only one there to do that upon discussion amongst the guys, as well as the only right foot brake user.

The gear indicater definitely was my guidance when they had us race at Ascari!( I know that track like I know rocket science lol :P)

In my experience at the Australian Final yes its allowed.

I would only ever use it as a braking point if I was unfamiliar with the braking for a certain track though.

Most of my braking is done by feel and not by any given marker.

Gentleman, thank you for your replies.

Another question: what is the steering wheel mode usually set to during GT Academy Online Qualifiers/Offline Qualifiers, National Finals and/or Race Camp- Amateur, Professional or Simulation?

Mustafur, thanks for the reply. I'm based in Australia too so if you could please provide as much comments as you can on car settings/steering wheel settings/driver aids, etc during your experience of Australian National Finals, that would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to get there and realise that my settings at home are completely different to National Finals setup.

Cheers! :)

It depends, I have a feeling they will replace the rigs they had because they are quite bad.

Last year they had G27s with no force feedback.

Also online qualifier is done at home so it's what ever you like.

I don't use it, as its a distraction for me personally. That being said, everything is in "stock setting" at the national finals in the U.S. - including force feedback and all. It was on in NY.

Back