Gear Shifter improvements

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi there,

my name is Andrew am new here 2nd post haha, nice forums

so I currently play alot of driving games and flying games only in VR it has sort of ruined me really, I play alot of AMS2 its my new favourite after project cars, I do have ACC but my pc cant handle it in VR, I am waiting for a new GPU, will probably wait until january now and I am using a gtx1070.

when I first got my good wheel which was a g920 the h shifter just felt like a toy, and I have a 3d printer so I went to work making an adapter that could fit real gear knobs on the shifter, I do have m12 gear knobs but I much prefer the m18 ones, only problem was that those rubbish adapters that came with the gear knob do not really fit well on the gear shaft, so I designed on and I sell on ebay and been doing that a about 4 years or so.

I also modded my cv1 rfit s and quest 2, the latter is the best I got it looks a bit janky but when its on your head its super comfy and the headphones attches to the strap for maximum immersion.

anyway so I gave my g920 to my son on his birthday as he is getting into sim racing in VR now too, I bought a g29 but it has some weird issue with the wheel could move -5 +5 with no FFB think it was a FFB deadzone, my g920 didnt do that and logitech said it was faulty so I sent it back and coming today is a g923.

I was looking the the thrustmaster TH8A and to make an adapter for that, I see some people just use the crappy adapters that come with it, so I designed one today, I have been looking around the net for some dimensions for it, so correct me if I am wrong but the width and pitch of the thread is m9 1.25, and the thread is 10mm in length, can't find that anywhere.

I have made a m9 1.25 to m18 1.5 adapter using PETG, if anyone has a TH8A and an m18 gear knob I would be willing to send them one out for them to try for free must be in the UK though as postage is costing alot these days, only thing I ask I would want some feedback.

here are some photos I got my h shifter but the wheel hasnt arrined yet and also my super comfy quest 2

I had a go at those tactile shifter mod, I thought it was a bit crap maybe I made it wrong I don't know.

am think about getting a TH8A maybe a few months down the road.

Attachments

• gear adapter.jpg
    gear adapter.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 13
  • gear knob ball.jpg
    gear knob ball.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 13
  • quest 2.jpg
    quest 2.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 12
  • tactile gear shift.jpg
    tactile gear shift.jpg