Gearbox settings.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7 comments
Brazil
paracuru
praiano63
Gearboxes

00_FERRARI-360_modena_manu-03.jpg

The best way to set your gearbox in GT Sport.

-Go on track check your max speed on the fastest sector.

-Back on the setting panel set a top speed (auto set) according to the one you have checked.

-Go on track and check if the top speed is ok. You must reach it with the bar full filled at the top of RPM range.

-Back on the setting panel ,set the last gear to match the speed you have checked on track and give some room for eventual streaming on track during a race.Around 5 to 10 kmh more is enough depending of the car.

-Go on track and check the best speed in 1st gear to perform ideally your out corner of the slower corner on track (If there is one, hairpin like suzuka for example...). Need to be a compromise between safety and good acceleration. A long 1st gear help for throttle control. A shorter one can be better for qualification but you can make a mistake easily in a race under pressure and spin.

-Back on the setting panel and set your 1st gear the way you think is the best for you out of this slow speed corner.

-After , just spread the intermediary gears and eventually set some of them to perform better in the medium and high speed corners.The right RPM range offer a better performance during the turn when in the right pic of power, giving more grip in , mid and out corner. For example the left right left right at Lake Maggiore. You can have a huge gain of grip and speed if you are well setted there.

That is all, i hope i was as clear as my english allow me to do.
See everybody on track.

Gearboxes

00_FERRARI-360_modena_manu-03.jpg

The best way to set your gearbox in GT Sport.

-Go on track check your max speed on the fastest sector.

-Back on the setting panel set a top speed (auto set) according to the one you have checked.

-Go on track and check if the top speed is ok. You must reach it with the bar full filled at the top of RPM range.

-Back on the setting panel ,set the last gear to match the speed you have checked on track and give some room for eventual streaming on track during a race.Around 5 to 10 kmh more is enough depending of the car.

-Go on track and check the best speed in 1st gear to perform ideally your out corner of the slower corner on track (If there is one, hairpin like suzuka for example...). Need to be a compromise between safety and good acceleration. A long 1st gear help for throttle control. A shorter one can be better for qualification but you can make a mistake easily in a race under pressure and spin.

-Back on the setting panel and set your 1st gear the way you think is the best for you out of this slow speed corner.

-After , just spread the intermediary gears and eventually set some of them to perform better in the medium and high speed corners.The right RPM range offer a better performance during the turn when in the right pic of power, giving more grip in , mid and out corner. For example the left right left right at Lake Maggiore. You can have a huge gain of grip and speed if you are well setted there.

That is all, i hope i was as clear as my english allow me to do.
See everybody on track.

Thanks a lot my dear friend @praiano63 for once again your beautiful work for the gearbox and this community . Your help and your explanations will help many people :cheers::cheers: :bowdown::bowdown:

Can u help me with a setting for the daily races please? I have the feeling my cas is so slooow compared to others when the race starts...

Please..

Hey gt sport is the first game I've used manual gears on and it's starting to feel quite natural but I'm still a bit unsure about when I should be shifting. When is it best to short shift? Should I wait as late as possible to shift up? Any help is appreciated and any other tips would be useful to thanks.

Thank you, will you do more of these?

Copying setups from others is not the way how i want approach tuning. But from this its pretty simple to get idea behind and continue on my own. Will appreciate more simple guides like this!

Used this on my gr4 gtr and works like a charm.. But there is a bug. For what ever reason my car now throws in 4th gear at the start and stalls.. I guess the game interprets the gear ratios wrong for unknown reason.

Back