General question about PSP

• Thread starter Rolo GTI
  • 6 comments
Hi guys...got a question for you...

I was wondering what should I buy like a christmas present for me, and I thought that a good idea was to buy a PSP...

So I get into a page and wow...there is a PSP with a GT option for 200 ..I keep reading and i found a PSP 3000 system for 170...keep reading..and ohhh...PSP GO..

So now I'm confused....wich one should I buy?...the one with the GT promo is diferent from the one that's PSP 3000 system??...

Argg..I don't know...anyone can help me telling me wich are the benefits of each one??

Thank's

I picked a used PSP 3000. It was just over $100 and works fine. The screen is slightly larger, but I hear the GO is brighter. The GO is a little smaller and lighter so it would be better if you carry it all the time. I tried a GO at E3 and the controls were just as difficult to use and the PSP 3000 (I have big hands), but I don't play it for hours, or even a full hour at a time. Maybe over time the GO would be more comfortable to use but I wasn't going to pay the money to find out.

So, if you just want to play GT, maybe play some videos or mp3s on occasion, I would say get the cheapest one you can. I might have gotten lucky buying a used one, new vs. used is up to you.

If you think you are going to do a lot of gaming, use it to remote play your PS3, put a lot of videos on it, browse the web, etc then I would get the GO. If I didn't have a Palm I would consider the GO as an alternative to a smart phone and then use a 'dumb' phone that has 8X the battery life.

Hope this helped.

Hope this helped.

Yeah...a lot...thank's!!!!!

I was thinking something like you say...Buy one of those and keep my phone (a really old samsung, but incredibli after a year it still runs like new), or go for a full pack new phone....

Thank's again!

I have just bought a new one....for the pic it seems to be a PSP, but the description is a GO any way...I have understand the diference and both has their positive point....well...I don't know wich one I bought, but I bought one.

I don't know why but for look I like the PSP, for what can do...I like the GO...

Any way, I bought something....

Hopefully you got a psp sounds like your a bit confused on what one. I have a psp go it's very pocket freindly also if you have a ps3 you can use a duel shock 3 controler with the Go just need the ps3 to sink the DS3 to the Go. I also have big hands and like using the controls on the Go.

I'm using PSP Slim right. Tried out a GO in Sony Style, it's only good if you've never played a PSP and don't have discs, and if you have the money to spend. If you want to save money, and want a bigger screen, go regular/slim PSP.

What happend is the following...

I look at the Go and the PSP, for look&feel I liked more the PSP, for the hardware, I liked more the GO.

But I wanted to play GT, there is a Limited edition with that pack with the PSP, and has a bigger screen, all that facts take me to the PSP, so I bought it in ebay.

After I paid for it, I take a closer look and I found that I have bought "PSP GO LIMITED EDITION GRAN TURISMO PACKAGE"...thye picture was of a PSP, the PSP hardware description was of the GO...so that's why I said, I didn't know what I bought.

After talking with the seller it's a PSP-3000

Now what I'm looking, I want to use this while I'm in bed, on my way to work or home, in hollidays, in the office, after lunch, travels, planes, etc.

Also, for what I have read, the diference of the GO is that it has bluetooth, and more memory, but it can be solved with more produo...

Now...the PSP can be used as a control for the PS3?, I think it should have some compatibility with the PS3?, also what other things can be done with the PS3 and the PSP?

Thank's to all for your advice and help, that make me take bought what I was looking for

Back