General Tuning Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter The Nerd
  • 4 comments
  • 497 views
Messages
67
Messages
Doctor Math
I might win "dumbest question of the day" for this, but here it goes anyway. I have not done any custom tuning to suspension or transmission yet in this game (yes, I'm a noob). My question is......do I have to have the 20,000 fully customizable transmission to do such customizations as changing the tranny's top speed? Don't want to purchase for my Mini unless I have to (trying to Gold the Seasonal Challenge).
 
Fully customizable transmission is what you need.
 
For that Mini challenge the close ratio transmission will probably work too, but if you plan on keeping it I would get the FC transmission.
 
Definately, full custom gearbox is the only gearbox that allows you to adjust the top speed to whatever you want (within reason i.e. not 500mph).

Buy this once for a car and you won't ever have to buy another gearbox again.

Sometimes, however, with cars that you only need for one or two races on a short track, or a track with a short main straight, then maybe the cheaper close ratio gearbox's would be better value for money. But, if you are going to use the car regularly, on different tracks, then the full custom option is the one to go for.

👍
 
Another thing to keep in mind when buying a tranny is the whine of the full adjustable one can be annoying. If a close ratio will do then I go with that instead and in some cars the stock tranny will do for career races.
 
Back