Gentleman Drivers' Race - Congratulations mightylieven and Calvin.P93!Finished 

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tyrrell_1
Regulations: Manufacturer production road cars, free tuning, 475pp (maximum PP before tuning, no power maximum afterwards), 1200+kg (no pre-ballast minimum weight), Sports Soft tyres, no aids except ABS. Power restrictor level limited to 90% upwards. No particular cars banned. Maximum of 3 entrants per manufacturer (first-come-first-served).

Venue: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit. My private lobby (please add on PSN).

Event: Sunday 5th January 2014. Starts 1900GMT, 10 minute qualifying. Two races, of 20 minutes (9 laps) and 45 minutes (19 laps) respectively, with a 15 minute break in between. Reverse grid for second race. Normal tyre/fuel depletion, no damage, no penalties.

Common racing rules apply. Serious offenders will be blacklisted. Decent, noteworthy drivers (sportsmanship is far more important than speed) will be kept in the loop about any future events! :)

1. tyrrell_ - Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track '13 (Argento Nürburgring) - 328bhp, 1308kg
2. Russ -
3. Cokebloke -
4. migspeed2 - Subaru Impreza WRX Coupe Type R STI - 320hp - 1260kg
5. cobrius - Toyota GT86 (Yellowish) - 320bhp - 1230kg
6. Clay.GT1372 - Ferrari 246 Dino '71 - 318bhp - 1200kg
7. Calvin.P93 - Ferrari 246 Dino '71 - 318bhp - 1200kg
8. Zebaldus - Toyota GT86 - 325bhp - 1215kg
9. GTP_lukas -
10. Ejd_EIRE - Honda NSX Type-R '02 - 290bhp - 1200kg
11. Mightylieven - RUF 3400S
12. Highsky - Mazda RX7 Spirit Type R - 307bhp - 1265kg
13. Jimantonic - Renault Clio V6 24V
14. Badmotorfinger -
15. Fido -
16. Vague -

Reserves:
1. Max

Last edited:
Hmm... A bit odd regulations. Am I getting it right?

I can for example have a Nissan Fairlady Z(Z34) 462pp and put on whatever tuningparts I want (around 580pp)?

A fine choice of car mate, but think of the PP limit as a replacement for a power limit. It simply allows more freedom with respect to both power and weight, while making different cars' performances closer (PP taking torque and natural aerodynamics into account). Obviously, there would be very little power tuning required for that car. It's the same with my Hyundai - no engine mods are needed in this particular case.

The power restrictor limit of 90+% is, of course, not really enforcable. Rather it is a gentleman's sporting request.

If you need a backmarker I'd like to sign up, not too experienced when it comes to racing online so I've picked an easy to control car.

GTP_Lukas - Honda FIT RS '10 (Black) / 298bhp / 1200kg / 462PP

No problem Lucas, but with that thing, I don't know just how much fun there will be to be had!! Might I recommend the Honda Civic Type R 2008 instead? Fantastically versatile car, easily fast enough for these regulations, and stupidly easy to drive. I'll bet it will have more grip than the Fit too.

Hi there, I'm new as well but would like to book a place for this event if possible.

Haven't decided on the car, I will give an update later today.

Cheers guys.

PSN: Highsky95

Mazda RX7 spirit type R.

307bhp
1265kg
473pp

It was 463pp stock. Am I right in thinking I can tune this to oblivion and back because it was under 475 pp stock?

No problem Lucas, but with that thing, I don't know just how much fun there will be to be had!! Might I recommend the Honda Civic Type R 2008 instead? Fantastically versatile car, easily fast enough for these regulations, and stupidly easy to drive. I'll bet it will have more grip than the Fit too.

Sure as long as it's FWD I'm happy, I'll get the specs back to you after I've done tuning the car. After some testing I think the place the FIT will struggle is the straights rather than the turns and Silverstone is quite a high speed course so it probably wasn't a great choice.

Sure thing Highsky, only remember that power tuning would be limited - all participants are asked to not use the engine power limiter beyond 90% in order to meet the regs. If you have a ton of grunt to shave off, I'd suggest unbolting things.

Lukas, it's one of the finest FWDs in the game, and is a bullet on the straights to boot.

Ah
Sure thing Highsky, only remember that power tuning would be limited - all participants are asked to not use the engine power limiter beyond 90% in order to meet the regs. If you have a ton of grunt to shave off, I'd suggest unbolting things.

Lukas, it's one of the finest FWDs in the game, and is a bullet on the straights to boot.

Ah, okay. I'll put the aero packages on it the

Properly looking forward to this now. If you've yet to do so, please remember to add tyrrell_1 on PSN.

NOTICE: Deadline for room entry is 19:20GMT, before reserves are called up in the event of no-shows. 19:00-19:20 will be for practice.

Really enjoyed the racing, I had awful starts on both races and ended up last after the first two turns but then had fun fighting at the back. For the majority of race 2 I was running equal pace with the person ahead and behind, the only problem being there were 10 second gaps each way so we never saw each other on the track.

If you run any similar events I'd definitely be interested in taking part.

Thanks for coming guys, as I said, I was watching you two in particular on the track map, and the gaps between us never changed - our pace was metronomic!

For future events, you'll be among the first to know!

Back