German Touring Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter browne
  • 27 comments
  • 3,653 views
Messages
9
Messages
Russell_Crowbar
Hey there,
I've avoided this race for long enough now, but would anybody be able to lend me a car just so I can do my A and B spec races for the German Touring Car Championship in the Expert series? I'd be really grateful.
Thanks,
Michael
 
Do 2 races in the Ferrari Seasonal, buy the Lexus ISF Concept for 750,000 cr and add some racing softs.
 
I'd agree here, the ISF Racing Concept is definitely the cheapest contender and is fantastic both stock and fully tuned. It's 750,000cr price tag, plus about 100,000cr if you tune it fully, is still cheaper than the cheapest DTM car, the Audi TT-R at about 1,000,000cr.
 
Do 2 races in the Ferrari Seasonal, buy the Lexus ISF Concept for 750,000 cr and add some racing softs.

This is what I did, but I didn't obtained it from the Ferrari, as there was no Seasonals when I golded the event. You can also ask someone to share a DTM car so you could borrow it.
 
I used the Lexus IS-F concept car myself to clear this championship (in A-Spec, at least). The reason why is because I didn't want to hope and pray the Used Car lot had a more proper German touring car to use in the championship.
 
The IS-F is a beast, one of the slower cars. Get the Mercedes if possible, it's the fastest, and it handles like a dream. The Audi R8 is good, pretty much destroys rear tires, the TT is fun, the others fall somewhere in the grey middle. I've tested most of them, there's another forum about this somewhere.

The GTC is one of my faves because it's 1 lap around the ring, decent payout. Doesn't get better than that.
 
The Audi R8 LMS Race car is the fastest car for this event, in stock form anyway. The Nordschleife on this event was my main "grind" before the triple payout seasonals, so I've tried them all, many times.

OP, add me and you can use one of my R8's I have shared. Obsidian-2 on PSN.
 
I bought an Astra from the OCD when it was halfprice, so I was fine, 500 K for a fun race and a cool car
 
Yeah do 2 seasonal races then buy that ISF it's a really nice car, sounds great and is ridiculously stable, you don't even really need to add softs either. I got a few of the other DTM cars since but that is probably still my favourite one.

That Nurburgring race used to be one of my favourite "grinding" events too, doing lap after lap of the ring took the toil out of grinding...though I;m glad with the newer seasonal payouts.
 
I used a Opel touring car with a stage 3 Turbo.
 
It's not like proper DTM cars are all that hard to come by, you see one every 3 or 4 cycles of the UCD it seems. Not terribly expensive either. They all seem to handle brilliantly too. The IS-F and the R8 are allowed to enter but they really shouldn't be, and the bots won't use them.

And using a stage 3 turbo on this event is basically like using a baseball bat to make beating up a 4 month old baby easier. Take a stock DTM car, drop 50 hp and add 100kg and you'll only win each race by 25 seconds. It's that easy.
 
I don't understand why people are asking to borrow cars to do a race. This game has 1000 cars. Is it a point of some to just collect 4 or 5 cars? Unless your goal is just to buy 20,000,000 credit cars.
 
Before I did it I was waiting ages to see a DTM show up when I had the money, it is a little easier now though so if someone lost faith a while ago they could easily tackle it now.

I agree the R8 shouldn't be allowed nor the bmw but the isf is fine in my book, it was DTM spec and underneath it was actually an opel vectra dtm.
 
Before I did it I was waiting ages to see a DTM show up when I had the money, it is a little easier now though so if someone lost faith a while ago they could easily tackle it now.

I agree the R8 shouldn't be allowed nor the bmw but the isf is fine in my book, it was DTM spec and underneath it was actually an opel vectra dtm.

Funny thing, that UCD. :)

I know it was intended to be DTM ready, so it's probably ok by that standard. I just say that as I believe it never actually raced, and of course the fact that the AI uses the other DTM racers exclusively. On the other hand, it is a premium which is always a plus.

IIRC the Lexus has raced the N24 a couple of times, but not sure how much that one relates to this one. Probably different aerodynamics if nothing else.

Love running this series, anyway. My Astra is pure joy to drive, and the Ring race was a great moneymaker early on for me. But the poor AIs, they're just so cute trying to get around the Nordschleife in these cars.
 
Go buy yourself the 190E Sonax DTM car or the Alfa 155 DTM car. Both of these cars are two of the best cars in the game.

Actually, that might be going a little too far, but at the very least, in the top 10 cars. Maybe even top 5.
 
Buying the IS-F Racing Concept is your quickest bet. Plus the seasonals pay a ton, so you'll have the money back in no time.
 
All of them are a blast to drive and easy to control though some of them can be a little bit tricky on the rear end on the Nordschleife if you don't control your right foot. To avoid this you can take the Alfa or the Calibra because they are 4x4.

And for the realsim: The IS-F has never raced in the DTM, neither has any of the Vauxhalls (they are just copies of the Opels), the M3 GTR, the R8 LMS and also the BMW 320 Touring car (which is not allowed to participate). More or less half of the allowed cars have never raced the series but are all really fun the drive around the Ring.
 
Why tune the cars so high? :crazy:

My bobs and I did that race in a 530HP M3 GTR race car and there is absolutly no problem winning.
 
Why tune the cars so high? :crazy:

My bobs and I did that race in a 530HP M3 GTR race car and there is absolutly no problem winning.

Exactly. A completely stock IS-F Racing Concept has no trouble winning in my hands. It owns especially on the Nordschleife, although it does come under a little pressure on the GP/D race. Cape Ring should be easy. :)
 
I didn't even mod up my IS-F Racing Concept. I just took it as it was, and I ended up taking care of business in the races. I don't think I remember even buying tires for the IS-F Racing Concept.
 
I was lucky enough to find an Audi A4 Touring Car in the UCD. Put racing softs on it and won easily.
 
The Lexus is very, very stable but also boring. The Merc CLK (fully tuned) will destroy the rest, it`s a must buy. I`m curious about the Alfa though.
The Merc 190E touring car handles like a dream but lacks in the acceleration area.

The Audi Abt is a very nice ride, you will not regret the buy.
 
There's 2 classes of cars in this series. The older variants and the newer ones. The older class are fun to drive, but really should be raced against each other, while the newer cars are just awesome. Get the Alfa, one of the best drives in the older class. I love it... 👍 The Audi R8, The CLK and the M3 GTR (even though it's the heaviest) are my pick for the top 3 in the newer class. I personally like the A4 better than the TT as well. This series is my fave offline grinder.
 
Last edited:
+1 for the Alfa 155. Loved it in BTCC and love it in GT5. Very sweet handling and enough power to easily win the GTCC.
 
Love the Alfa. Looks nice and a mild challenge to win these races.

Bob will have problems winning with it tho.
 
Love the Alfa. Looks nice and a mild challenge to win these races.

Bob will have problems winning with it tho.

You are right. When I first did this race in B Spec my Bobs were around Level 24 or so if memory serves. He struggled and won all three races on the last lap with the Alfa. Man he frustrated me with the timid driving especially in turns [before any of the patches] but he eventually got it done. Ive since done this race [patched] with Level 30-40 Bobs and they destroy in the Alfa.

So Elric is right if your Bobs are under level 30+ you will have a mild challenge to win with the Alfa vs the other Touring Cars. ESPECIALLY the Nurburgring race lol. My level 24ish Bob literally won the Nurb race at the very last minute after getting a slight lead from drafting on the long straightaway before the finish. Tenths of a second win, but a win nontheless. Pick the Alfa if you have a level 20 or so Bob and you want suspense or a headache depending on how you look at it lol.

In A Spec though you should win easily.
 
I'd pick the Audi A4 touring car, the MB 190-E Evolution, R8 LMS cars, and the Alfa Romeo 156 :)
 
You can do this stock with racing hards in any of the eligible cars, my favourite is using the Sonax Merc 190. However I would suggest buying the Lexus as it is available straight away and doesn't cost that much. Also, the sound!
 
Back