Get Iracing Or Not?

• Thread starter zedfonsie
  • 10 comments
zedfonsie
Well, I would get iracing, but the problem is that I have a hp slimline 5 series computer, and it has the standard nvidia 5xxx 256mb onboard graphics card on my motherboard.

In LFS (live for speed) I can average out 30, maybe even 40 fps. So in iracing It will be no surprise if it will not do any better.

I already have a choice of graphics card and psu (cause I have a 210watt) but it will cost me 65$ which is a lot of money to me.

Anyways, convince me to get iracing. I want it, but I feel like if I get it there will be somebody like in every game, ramming people off the track and driving dirty.

Yeah I don't think your computer will manage iRacing unless its on the absolute lowest settings.

And no, there won't be people driving dirty and wrecking you in every race. Those people should are to be protested and they'll get banned if deemed necessary.

I personally dont even think 5xxxx series will do buddy. I have read a lot of guides and it will need 6xxxx.

Game is very serious and cockpit view only, you will need as much indicators on the tracks as possible. I have a 6750 and I don't even turn on my side mirrors because low FPS in 20 car races etc, i cant imagine what your 5xxxx will do.

I don't know your computer well, how many cores is it? I heard iracing moving to 3 cores soon..

Also, if $65 is a lot to you, i do not recommend getting the game. Sure you can sign up for one year on $49 but your next one year sub will be $99. You can get by racing in the rookie series or but I am sure you will want a little more car and tracks. I am not saying iracing is expensive, but if $65 is a lot for you, then I suggest you pass on this game.

Its not in the case Its too much for me its just that's what I am willing to spend to get a decent graphics card.

I don't really understand why you don't want to spend more on a graphics card yet its ok to spent $99 on a one year sub, $14.95 for each additional track and $11.95 for each additional car?

For me, iracing needs 2 things really. CPU and graphics card. I wouldn't advise skimping on the graphics card. It suggests ATI 6xxx series or similar to work best.

I'm running 2 GeForce GTX 570's in SLI with triple 55" HDTV's and getting 100-130 FPS. That's just over 13 feet of real estate. See my sig for my computer, it is a dedicated box for racing only. I could have spent more money on it but with the 570's you get excellent value for the money.

Back