Get rid of the wrong way signal.

• Thread starter lewismc95
  • 12 comments
England
Runcorn
lewismc95
One thing that I find really annoying for lobbies such as the 70 MPH/UK Laws lobbies is that when you drive around London or Madrid in reverse you get the wrong way signal. Yes Gran Turismo I am aware that I am driving in the different direction, but I would prefer it if the signal didn’t appear on screen.

One thing that I find really annoying for lobbies such as the 70 MPH/UK Laws lobbies is that when you drive around London or Madrid in reverse you get the wrong way signal. Yes Gran Turismo I am aware that I am driving in the different direction, but I would prefer it if the signal didn’t appear on screen.
Or be able to toggle it as a host.

I don't understand this - if someone is drifting the track in reverse don't you just set the track for reverse direction? I've only seen this icon if I'm going the wrong way round the track, but if I set the track to reverse direction I'm now going the right way and don't see the icon.

GT5 used to be plagued with kids driving the wrong way round tracks while people were trying to race, hopefully this doesn't encourage that!

I don't understand this - if someone is drifting the track in reverse don't you just set the track for reverse direction? I've only seen this icon if I'm going the wrong way round the track, but if I set the track to reverse direction I'm now going the right way and don't see the icon.

GT5 used to be plagued with kids driving the wrong way round tracks while people were trying to race, hopefully this doesn't encourage that!

Not if you're drifting a specific section, it doesn't matter whether it's reverse or not

I'm guessing you've never been in a drift room before,there are things called sections that drifters like to use for tandem trains and there generally just good drifting spots,take Suzuka Circuit for instance,once you go around the first turn you will be at the bottom of the hill this is the start of the drift section and once you drift up the hill you turn around and drift back down the hill.

Here's an example,The section starts at the number #2 spot and ends at #7
wtcc-circuit-10-japan.jpg
Another example:Grand Valley Speedway, Section starts at #5 and ends at #10 the tunnel entrance.
392e9323596971d4ad7eae2860181b02o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks MLR Sparco - You are right - to save my embarrassment I don't go in drifting rooms - unfortunately I am complete rubbish at drifting. I have tried, but it is very difficult so anyone who can drift has my full admiration.

I have clicked like to this thread as I can understand now that it is important and it must be easy for PD to make such a small change and give you guy's a choice.

I don't even know why cruising ON A RACE TRACK is even a thing.

Because there is a LOT more to do in GT besides straight up circuit racing.

Drifting, Touge, Cruising, all frequently drive in the reverse direction for a variety of reasons, but mostly just to add variety :)

I know Sparco answered you already, but I'll also add that only the GT original tracks can be done in reverse config. Any of the real world tracks, along with Cape Ring, Matterhorne, and maybe one or two more, do not have a reverse config.

As Sparco said, we drift the wrong way often when doing sections at places like Suzuka or GVS (bear in mind, that both the old Suzuka D1 line, and the Fuji D1 line consist of running their respective sections of track in reverse. Since we have official D1 cars in the game, and since GT is a sponsor of D1, I don't think this should be too much if a stretch for PD.)

Also, there are some tracks which are simply better to drift in reverse. The best example I can thing of is Silverstone's Stowe Circuit. It just flows way better in reverse, and provides the opportunity for two massive entries, which you don't get when running forward.

Back