Getting a little bored waiting for updates.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChieftainRoss
  • 19 comments
  • 1,298 views
Messages
27
Messages
ChieftainRoss
OK I'm just playing GT5 at the minute to keep up to date with what's going on and I am getting fed up with grinding on the game for money. Can anyone sort of suggest to me what I can do on the game which isn't too repetitive and mind numbing as logging on every day eagerly waiting changes in the seasonal and collectors part.

(Don't mention licenses that is something I am working on)

Thanks
 
Try doing online races. you don't get that much but will help with the bordem?
 
Master the Nurburgring.

Ye, I had done that on GT4 a lot on the BMW dealership race thing because you won an M3 GTR every time and it made some serious money. Might start lapping the 'Ring some more on GT5.

Anymore suggestions?
 
Ye, I had done that on GT4 a lot on the BMW dealership race thing because you won an M3 GTR every time and it made some serious money. Might start lapping the 'Ring some more on GT5.

Anymore suggestions?

Got gold on everything?

Race your friends on various tracks / weird cars ect.

Personally i just play other games :)
 
Try doing online races. you don't get that much but will help with the bordem?

Only problem for me online was the stupid restrictions. Could never get in a competitive lobby some idiot always has an X1 or something. I used to play Forza religously while waiting for GT5 and online on Forza was soooo much . better competitively. Race restrictions were so much better. Half of my xbox friends list are Forza players lol. GT5 doesn't seem to have that community spirit to it which I loved.
 
Got gold on everything?

Race your friends on various tracks / weird cars ect.

Personally i just play other games :)

Exactly what I want out of GT5 but there's no competitiveness in the game such as prize money online really. You get a little but not a great deal. There's no edge to it like where you have a grid of 8 identical cars but none of them are the same in the slightest like what you got with Forza. I can't play Forza anymore because GT5 physics killed it and makes Forza feel like you're driving on ice.
 
I totally agree with you on the Forza 3 online community! At some point I almost spent more time racing online and having fun in very deviat events.

When I get bored in GT5 I buy cars from the UCD, take it to the GT Auto and change oil and colour, add a suspension (full) and lower the car. Then I take it to the Top Gear test track and go bezerk, make some pics and have fun.
 
Ye, I had done that on GT4 a lot on the BMW dealership race thing because you won an M3 GTR every time and it made some serious money. Might start lapping the 'Ring some more on GT5.

Anymore suggestions?

Nope... thats what Im doing... I'll buy a new car (premium) and drive it stock around the ring in a sort of homage to the top gear power laps (except its on my favourite track).
 
Only problem for me online was the stupid restrictions. Could never get in a competitive lobby some idiot always has an X1 or something. I used to play Forza religously while waiting for GT5 and online on Forza was soooo much . better competitively. Race restrictions were so much better. Half of my xbox friends list are Forza players lol. GT5 doesn't seem to have that community spirit to it which I loved.

Shuffle races. Completely levels out the playing field, otherwise you'll just have to make some friends and make sure everyone plays by the rules.
 
I totally agree with you on the Forza 3 online community! At some point I almost spent more time racing online and having fun in very deviat events.

When I get bored in GT5 I buy cars from the UCD, take it to the GT Auto and change oil and colour, add a suspension (full) and lower the car. Then I take it to the Top Gear test track and go bezerk, make some pics and have fun.

Yee I like to keep an eye on the UCD. Just bought a NSX LM Road Car and my B-Spec driving is hammering round for a championship. I have spent about 2 hours setting up a car for the Mazda 4 hour endurance. It's the premium euno's roadster. Looks brilliant.

I am glad someone agrees with me on the online side of GT5. It feels very rushed does a lot of the game. It should have not had a release date and taken as long as they needed on perfecting it.

Thanks for the reply.
 
Nope... thats what Im doing... I'll buy a new car (premium) and drive it stock around the ring in a sort of homage to the top gear power laps (except its on my favourite track).

Aha brilliant. Good idea.
 
Shuffle races. Completely levels out the playing field, otherwise you'll just have to make some friends and make sure everyone plays by the rules.

Ye shuffle races aren't bad but I like to use my personal cars I have bought, tuned, and put the effort in to. I hope they come to some arrangement with online gameplay.

Thanks for the suggestion.
 
I got fed up too! I'm at 94% and am bored stupid, so I fired up the old PS2 with GT4 and I'm good to go until they do something with GT5.
 
Well, i just do this when im bored:
-Upgrade petite vehicles to go cucuu fast.
-Visit this site.
-Troll the used dealerships.
-Visit GT5s odd museum.
-Or just simply play another game to remind me of how good GT5 really is.
 
Work through the trophies, set yourself some timed challenges, try and win A-Spec races using the same car as the last-placed AI driver...
 
I got fed up too! I'm at 94% and am bored stupid, so I fired up the old PS2 with GT4 and I'm good to go until they do something with GT5.

Ahhh I tried my GT4 in the PS3 slim but it doesn't work I was mortified lol.
 
Work through the trophies, set yourself some timed challenges, try and win A-Spec races using the same car as the last-placed AI driver...

The timed challenges seemed pointless on GT5. I did it all the time on Forza so I could compare my tunes to other racers and make sure I wouldn't get raped online but there's not really anyway of showing off a good tune online on GT5 by kicking ass with it cos some idiot will have a X1 and spoil it.
 
Didn't work on my PS3 either, Makes me kinda mad.:grumpy:
Just take the PS2 out of the closet.:cheers:

Think mine broke not too sure. I will make that my mission though to find my PS2 haha. Thanks for the heads up. GT4 all the way.
 
Back