GETTING BORED YET?

• Thread starter smitty33
  • 12 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
latics33
I have been a stalwart fan of GT right from day 1 back in 1998. I have put in many 1000s of hours and enjoyed doing so. I have driven every car in the game, and every track.

Now however, finally, I am getting bored. GT6 offers nothing that is really new except gimmick races,, and presents us with the poorest set of A Spec races since GT1.

Radical changes will have to be made to make me buy a Playstation 4 and GT7. It will be oh so sad, and leave a great hole in my life to see this great series go down.

Do you agree?

I kind of agree, the Photomode section is completely blocking any boredom that even begins to solidify! If your getting bored, Try taking some photos!

That was like reading Deviant Art comments circa 2009.... please stop.

To answer the question though, yes. With a complete lack of photomode locations, very few new tracks and cars and no real innovation from the large title, it's easy to feel burned out after 4 years of playing what is by and large the same game (5 and 6)

Before anybody jumps down my throat and lists all the things that are different and the many reasons that I'm an idiot, understand that this is just my opinion - personally I feel GT6 has not brought enough to the series to re-kindle my burning passion for the series that has long since faded into monotony.

I'm sure a course maker, new tracks in general and especially more varied photo mode locations would help in this regard but in GT6's current form, yes. I'm incredibly bored of it - even though I took a 6 month break merely a month after the games initial release.

Reactions: VBR
I come to this forums roughly every month to check if PD added a whole new campaign to the game. The main campaign right now has to be the most linear and uninspired I've ever experienced on any Gran Turismo game. I finished the whole game in less than 2 weeks. It definitely had it's moments, but for the most part it felt rushed. Each of the sections of the main campaign were so small and relatively easy that I didn't get that feeling of progress, which kinda made me lose motivation halfway through.

The game needs to somehow get out of the "pay-to-win" formula. And by that I mean, all you need in this game is enough credits to buy the fastest car allowed in the race and that's it. You don't even need to get used to the car, to the track or anything. Many people say to buy a cheaper car and don't upgrade your engine, but I don't like to cripple myself on purpose, I want to feel like I'm giving it all to try and come out as champion. It's a thrill killer for me.

Another thing I would like to point out is, this game doesn't use the weather! They have a great engine with weather changes and all of that, but 95% of the time you'll be driving on a sunny day. What a waste. Same goes for the cars. We have 1000+ cars and only a few races which are also car-restricted. By the end of the game you've driven about 5% of them.

You must have a good tune for the 2Cv, 36 months sounds really quick.

Yes am bored with game.

Once we have the Circuito de la Sierra, I will not be bored for about 36 months as it will take me that long to lap that track in my 2CV.
I hope you have an umbrella girl. That's a long time to sit in one place without an umbrella over you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back