Getting F1 cars in endurance race

Messages
1
Is there a key to getting the f1 car in the endurance race on the round track? I have tried it twice (which takes about an hour) and I end up with the worst car each time. I would like to get either the Corvette C5r or the F1 car. Is there a trick to it. Like not hitting the wall or something. I usually take a tricked out Viper GTS and just drive along the wall, and I beat the other cars by 20 laps usually. But I was thinking that i get the worst car because I dont drive that well during the race. Any clue?

Thanks
Jason
 
Well,. there are conflicting reports,.. but the most effective way seems to be racing in a car that is competitive with the AI,. and make as few mistakes as possible,. meaning dont hit the AI or the walls.

This, of course, is not 100%,.. but has been takin into serious consideration before ;)
 
Heheheheheh, RER... very subtle.
;)
 
Originally posted by jason_rolltide
Is there a key to getting the f1 car in the endurance race on the round track? I have tried it twice (which takes about an hour) and I end up with the worst car each time. I would like to get either the Corvette C5r or the F1 car. Is there a trick to it. Like not hitting the wall or something. I usually take a tricked out Viper GTS and just drive along the wall, and I beat the other cars by 20 laps usually. But I was thinking that i get the worst car because I dont drive that well during the race. Any clue?

Thanks
Jason
Do you have a cheat device for one lap wins
 
MasterBlaster, try asking in the hybrids and Gamesharks forum. Plus the name gives it away, Gameshark...
 
I have won F1s having won by various margins and with varying degrees of "smooth" driving.

From my experience it is totally random. see here

So just keep trying.

The other short endurance race is Seattle.
 
Your best bet for winning an F1 is to race in Pro League at Polyphony Digital Cup or the Dream car Race. Then use the "Save Trick" after the 9th or 6th race (respectively). It works out to 180 laps in the PD cup or 120 in the Dream car Challenge. But most of the Laps are much more interesting than 100 laps at Super Speedway.
 
I won the F090/S twice in doing it twice by using the escudo and winning by like 30 laps with running into the wall ALOT. What i did was push x when the black circle was under it. BTW If u dont feel like doing it again, tape ur x button and tape ur control stick a bit to the right so u run into the wall, then come back in an hour. You will have won the race and can repeat this til u get ur car.
 
Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
MasterBlaster, try asking in the hybrids and Gamesharks forum. Plus the name gives it away, Gameshark...
DUH ? whatever would we do wiff out u r brain power ? BTY hows Rosey ?
 
In my personal opinion, the tracks are sensitive to your race time and overall performance. I got the F090/S at the Super Speedway in 3 tries, the F688/S at the Roadster Endurance in 1 try, and the F094/H at TokyoR246 in 1 try.
Then again, I believe that each track has different, set chances that you will win the F1.
If you want the one at the Super Speedway, get a monster car (I use the Speed 12 and the Escudo PPV), set acceleration to right analog forward, rubber band the right analog forward, put another object on the left analog to push it right like another controller or a book (this keeps it from pitting), and you'll have that F090/S in no time.
 
Originally posted by Derf
In my personal opinion, the tracks are sensitive to your race time and overall performance. I got the F090/S at the Super Speedway in 3 tries, the F688/S at the Roadster Endurance in 1 try, and the F094/H at TokyoR246 in 1 try.
Then again, I believe that each track has different, set chances that you will win the F1.
If you want the one at the Super Speedway, get a monster car (I use the Speed 12 and the Escudo PPV), set acceleration to right analog forward, rubber band the right analog forward, put another object on the left analog to push it right like another controller or a book (this keeps it from pitting), and you'll have that F090/S in no time.

Or use the one lap wins. Still wonders why when you run an F1 car from your garage the other cars are not of the same catagory. I want to race other F1's.. Not an option ?
 
Couldn't it all just be random? :-P I raced one series and got car 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, and 4. I raced with the same car, with the same settings every time. I think it's just a random thing, tho I haven't tried pushing buttons when it's selecting a car for me.

I kinda like the randomness, but I wish it would detect which cars you've won and give you ones you haven't.
 
Originally posted by creatureofnight
Couldn't it all just be random? :-P I raced one series and got car 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, and 4. I raced with the same car, with the same settings every time. I think it's just a random thing, tho I haven't tried pushing buttons when it's selecting a car for me.

I kinda like the randomness, but I wish it would detect which cars you've won and give you ones you haven't.
true, have won the same one three straight.
 
Yes, I'm afraid the only way to win an F1 in the enduros is to just race it until you get it. No X button trick, no special lap times, if they work for others, great, but they prolly won't work for you. The only thing you could do is gameshark it (cheat).

Happy racing! ;)
 
Originally posted by creatureofnight
Yes, I'm afraid the only way to win an F1 in the enduros is to just race it until you get it. No X button trick, no special lap times, if they work for others, great, but they prolly won't work for you. The only thing you could do is gameshark it (cheat).

Happy racing! ;)

I use CodeBreaker, for the one lap wins, Have gone the duration of some races, 100 laps, but without a wheel, is a killer...

Bought the Logitech Driving Force wheel.
Made all the difference in cutting lap times.
More like actually driving IN the race, having the foot controls, as well as for the PS2 buttons being built into the wheel.
Still awaiting the hybrids I've seen here. Hard to imagine trying to control a car at 500 + mph.
Is hard nuff at 280 Awaiting GT4, wonders if Midnight Club II will be worth the wait. Burnout 2 is a HOOT, specially when you kick in the Nitrous Boost..whoaaa
 
Originally posted by Masterblaster
Or use the one lap wins. Still wonders why when you run an F1 car from your garage the other cars are not of the same catagory. I want to race other F1's.. Not an option ?
If you want to race other F1's go to the LAST series in "Professional" You'll have a 10 race series with all F1's.
You won't win on driving skill, though it helps. Do a search on it and get an idea of what pit strategy to use for each race.:D
 
I keep winning the damn things (poly1/2) I really want the TVR speed12 and the gt40..
 
Originally posted by Gil
If you want to race other F1's go to the LAST series in "Professional" You'll have a 10 race series with all F1's.
You won't win on driving skill, though it helps. Do a search on it and get an idea of what pit strategy to use for each race.:D
K.. will try that
 
Back