getting F1 cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter mechmat
  • 5 comments
  • 413 views
Messages
1
Doesn't anyone know how the game decides if you get an F1 car at the end of an endurance race or if you have to finish something else first before they'll give you one? I have won several of the endurance races that have F1 cars as prizes 5 or 6 times and still haven't gotten one F1 car. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on the subject. :banghead:
 
Hey mechmat,

The selection of the car you win isn't completely random. After the race when the cars are dark and turning there is a black X that appears under each of them and rotates...if you time it right and hit X on the controler when the X is under the car you want SOMETIMES you can choose your car. It's really difficult because there isn't much time, and the X rotates around the cars I think 4 maybe 5 times so I'm not sure when exactly you can do it, but I've beat GT3 3 times now and I've found that my odds DO increase in getting the car I want if I can time that.

I usually wait until the first trip around under the cars when all 4 are visible and then I hit the X button each time the "X" appears under the car I want. It works pretty good that way. Sometimes the "X" seems to be spinning faster and in times like that I wait and let it spin two or three times...then I try and time ONE hit of the X button when it's under the car I want.

I think you'll find you have a much better chance at getting the F1 cars that way.

J.
 
The larger the margin you win the race by. The better the car is that you win. I know that a million people will say this is bull****, but I am about 75% sure that its true.

Try winning by an incredible margin and see what happens.
 
The random choice selector operates on tenths or hundreths of a second. what this means is when you cross the finish line, the car choice relates to your time.

If you're exiting out of hte last race of a series, the name of hte track fades in and fades out before the 3-2-1 countdown starts. I've used that as timing for my car selection. As it fades in, as it shows up, and as it fades out. Varying my time of hitting the exit button by hundreths of a second. Until I get the car I wanted.

The margin and the "X button" trick are myths. Although if you've got solid information on it, please share it.

AO
 
I can't prove my theory...but I do know that about 75% if I get in a rhythm I can pick the same car over and over and over in the memory card trick.

All by timing the hit of the X button at the point where the "X" is under the car I want.

I've also hit the "perfect series" where I chose all four one after another hitting the "X" button.

I really think it works...but I can't prove it.
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
The larger the margin you win the race by. The better the car is that you win. I know that a million people will say this is bull****, but I am about 75% sure that its true.

Try winning by an incredible margin and see what happens.

Not true.

I have won the super speedway by 19 laps each time I have done it. I was willing to do it to win the Tickford. But I won F1, F1, and Clio.
 
Back