• 10 comments

RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
Why oh why oh why does that little exclamation mark appear beside my time for no reason whatsoever?

I play with no assists and hard AI difficulty, but getting onto the leader boards 'properly' during races is proving really difficult because I seem to get faults almost continuously (I'm assuming it's faults because it happens when I crash/go off track etc).

Most races I start, I will get a fault just as I reach about 100mph when I am 100% CERTAIN I haven't touched any other car or made any other mistake.

It's really starting to annoy me. Can someone explain what I might be doing wrong?

Drafting or being drafted invalidates a lap.

He is correct. If you are drafting/getting drafted there is a benefit to you. Go into the Free Run side and do hotlaps alone. Just you against the track and the leaderboards. Then you will be ranked better if your lap is clean.

I don't know if anyone ever tested the "being drafted" part of that. Sure, there's a tiny benefit if the person behind you is very close, but at the distances it registers in Forza, it should not do a damn thing for the lead car.

I'm not at all comfortable with the laps being invalidated because of drafting anyhow. Sure, it's not a big problem in the grand scheme of things...but you're on the last lap and closing in on the AI, and the only way to get across the line in first place is to draft. If you set a fastest lap time....oh well. You're essentially being penalized for....going in for the overtake.

Damn science. :rolleyes: :P

But that is a legitimate problem for hotlap leaderboards when you have all your friends in a room being able to set you up for every perfect drafting opportunity and (in the older games) bump drafting.

Set hotlaps in hotlap mode.

Oh I see. Well that makes sense now; it's been doing my head in! Thanks guys.

To be fair though, that is a bit daft in my opinion. Drafting, yes I would understand, but someone else drafting me shouldn't invalidate my lap.

To be fair though, that is a bit daft in my opinion. Drafting, yes I would understand, but someone else drafting me shouldn't invalidate my lap.

I disagree.

Even at the furthest drafting distance, the person being drafted gets a boost in speed because the car behind is lowering the aerodynamic drag.

While it make only be 1 to 2 km/h it is still 1 to 2 km/h a fair hotlapper doesn't get.

I disagree.

Even at the furthest drafting distance, the person being drafted gets a boost in speed because the car behind is lowering the aerodynamic drag.

While it make only be 1 to 2 km/h it is still 1 to 2 km/h a fair hotlapper doesn't get.

Really? Well if you're totally sure of this then I would accept what you say and agree with you.
Doesn't matter though, I never thought about just going into free play and hot lapping to get on the leader boards. It was kind of ruining the game for me because I've become totally obsessed with getting good, clean laps during races to get on the leader boards, but because of the faults my race and my laps were being spoiled. Now I can do both 👍

But that is a legitimate problem for hotlap leaderboards when you have all your friends in a room being able to set you up for every perfect drafting opportunity and (in the older games) bump drafting.

Set hotlaps in hotlap mode.

True. And even when you're running dirty laps, it still clocks your fastest lap. But when you do a completely clean lap it doesn't matter whether it's technically faster or slower because either way it's faster....because it's clean.

Do you see how mildly confusing this could be to someone who isn't used to it? :lol:

Back