Getting kicked allot these days....

• Thread starter PorscheHD
  • 10 comments
Netherlands
Lienden, Holland
GasMonkey_NL
So I posted in two threats about this in other genarel topics but nobody reacts to it.....

Since a few months iam getting kicked more and more when the games tries to match make to a game in the dailys or FIA races like last night.

This frustrates me because I love to race online but getting kicked and wait again a long time to race again (very long with the FIA races now, more then 2 hours till the next race?!) so now I couldn't race the FIA races because of this. The Dailys the wait is not that long but still very annoying. So I know no game is perfect and it's something that comes with one gaming but it wasn't this much as a problem like it is now so do have more people this allot and better, can I do. Something about it?

Other online game I have no problems getting kicked or mathmaked......

It was happening a lot half a year ago, randomly 2 or 3 people would not make it into the pre-race lobby, every race. The only way to prevent that was to restart the game after doing an online race. The more races you did in a row the higher the chance of a disconnect during matchmaking. Perhaps restarting the game will help solve your issue. Clear internet cache (I don't know how) is what others suggested at the time.

A little while ago I entered a Sport mode room with about 14-16 players, when the race started only 5 were left. I notice a lot of people getting kicked, I have no clue what causes it. The list when the race starts is always shorter than the list of players who entered the room.

So I posted in two threats about this in other genarel topics but nobody reacts to it.....

Since a few months iam getting kicked more and more when the games tries to match make to a game in the dailys or FIA races like last night.

This frustrates me because I love to race online but getting kicked and wait again a long time to race again (very long with the FIA races now, more then 2 hours till the next race?!) so now I couldn't race the FIA races because of this. The Dailys the wait is not that long but still very annoying. So I know no game is perfect and it's something that comes with one gaming but it wasn't this much as a problem like it is now so do have more people this allot and better, can I do. Something about it?

Other online game I have no problems getting kicked or mathmaked......
Since November 2018 my game can't go beyond the tag heurer screen :lol: :(

Yep. Go to Options / Global / Network and delete the temporary data. Restart the game and try again. Used to be an issue a while back with a lot of people getting disconnected before races and this was actually the official response from PD as a temporary solution until they "fixed it". If you get disconnected a lot just do this preventively after every race. That's all I got.

can I do. Something about it?
Make sure your internal network is as good as it can be. That means:
* PS4 wired into the router (directly is better than via other switches; if your internet uses the phone line at any point, make sure the router is plugged directly into the master socket too)
* Static IP set in the router for all network equipment
* Static IP set in the PS4 (matching the one in the router)
* PS4 IP address placed in router DMZ
* Check your ISP doesn't place limits on gaming or P2P traffic

Clearing GT Sport's network cache regularly is also a good idea. Other than that, there's nothing you can do.

Make sure your internal network is as good as it can be. That means:
* PS4 wired into the router (directly is better than via other switches; if your internet uses the phone line at any point, make sure the router is plugged directly into the master socket too)
* Static IP set in the router for all network equipment
* Static IP set in the PS4 (matching the one in the router)
* PS4 IP address placed in router DMZ
* Check your ISP doesn't place limits on gaming or P2P traffic

Clearing GT Sport's network cache regularly is also a good idea. Other than that, there's nothing you can do.
Good points, I think people should not worry too much about the WiFi link being an issue though. Or Im missing something.

Good points, I think people should not worry too much about the WiFi link being an issue though. Or Im missing something.
Wifi adds lag and packet loss - and interference from microwaves and vacuum cleaners. If it can be avoided it should be avoided.

Oh never expercienced problems with Wifi. Been playing on my Wifi since GTA 5 came out, and on GTS i have 4-5 bars (note, i have a wifi-booster in my game room)

Well I should give the cache a try

Rest is already as it should be in the network and works fine with all other games.

Back