Getting rid of jumps (bumps)

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Anyone know of any techniques to get rid of jumps (or bumps) that show up on the Toscana tracks right before the front straightaway? I have a really great track that is otherwise ruined by a stupid bump right as you come onto the front straight and it's driving me nuts. Nothing I am doing is getting rid of it. :grumpy:

I don't think you'll be able to get rid of it - without changing the layout itself. I'd try to play around with the settings of the other sections (mainly the section before the section with the bump, or the one after), but that's something you would know as well.

If the bump bothers you so much I'd go for the alternative, change the layout of the last section (or track) slightly while keeping the rest of the track the same - if that's possible of course (... well probably not, despite changing the layout it might still have that bump).

You could also try make extreme changes to the track (while trying to keep the section with the bump the same maybe), this simply to see if it changes anything to the bump. I sometimes do that just to see if it "can" be changed.

I don't think it can be fixed. I tried all different settings of corner banking, configurations and how tight the corner is, and nothing helped.

Sad, such an awesome track ruined. :(

Do you mean something like this or worse? (skip to 2:58)

I can deal with something like that, but they are sometimes much worse.

The best Toscana track I ever made was completely ruined because there was pretty much a cliff in turn 1. The track had a "Curva Grande" type first corner where you apporach it at 200+ mph in prototypes and the formula GT; but there was a 5-6 m drop in a very short span just at the start of the corner. And as much as I tried, I just couldn't get rid of it. Completely destroyed an otherwise good track.. :indiff:

Latest Posts

Back